• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Black Colt" from 1919

Very nice piece. I like the patina it has to it. It adds to the character of the gun.

Same here...what is deceiving is that the gun looks "rough" but it is rubbed smooth as a babies butt! Just a cool piece of history and we are keeping it in the family...

Also of note is I have an Arisica that is LIKE NEW with intact chrysanthemum and ORIGINAL bayo that my Great Uncle-inlaw picked up as well on the beach off a dead guy! It is pristine....Keeping them as a matched set....just adds to teh story...

That looks just like my grand dad's issued 1911 we found when he passed. it was a 1914 or 1917 model i can't remember when we looked it up. Gun will never leave my family and we even found it will old ball ammo in the box just like what you have posted haha. awesome find!

Love it, likely a black army finish tended to flake off them

That is the Legend of these "Black Colts"....the Military asked Colt to increase production so they decreased the cure time on the finish...in this case, the finish didn't flake it was RUBBED off by the man it was issued too due to the environment it was in...My Aunt remembers her Dad talking about how he cleaned this gun EVERY night because of the environment they were in (Jungle: Banana Wars)....the finish looks rough but it is very very smooth as are all the internals...

no rust at all...just lots of very cool patina and a great story and documentation to go with it!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll TAKE IT!!! J/K I just had to say it, i know i am not the only one. Very Cool!!!

I've had offers but this one stays in the family....my sons are already fighting over this one!

This is a great gun. It has had use, history and we can appreciate where it was and how it was used. I often see 1911's that look new and spent there whole life sitting in a drawer or safe. What can you say about a gun like that other than it spent its whole life in a sock drawer!

A keeper for sure!!

I was given this hand me down but unfortunately it was after he passed. I know nothing about it other than it's a 1918 that was made under license by Remington. I have the original grips and holster. I'm trying to locate a two tone mag at a fair price but have had no luck.
It also came with an Ace conversion kit still in the cardboard box.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom