Black panther?

Had one come into slaughter creek valley about 5 yrs ago . Camping and it was about 130 am . We had a dog with us which I believe The reason for it appearing there, because we had camp there over 20 times in the same spot before but never brought my buddies dog with us . Apparently it has been up in that area, blood mountain that is, for a while because my buddy's grandfather lives on Overlook of a cattle farm, and he's seen it every year walk the fence line . Yes it was black. For the record that is the most disturbing sound ever heard in my life. It sounded like a woman screaming the murderous bloodcurdling scream and then it rolled into a gutteral growl . Crappiest nights sleep in the woulds I've ever had !

I have heard a saying "Screamed like a Painter Cat" from folks in the west NC mountains. They knew the big cats were there dispite the state saying there were none.

There are plenty of easy travel routes now via power and gas line right of ways, not to mention creeks, rivers and railroad lines. Those big cats can easily move several hundred miles ir they want to.

There are also real black panthers around. I saw a facility that had more than a half dozen. The enclosures were not what I would call escape proof. These cats were privately owned, and most were properly permitted, but......I understand there are "unregistered" cats available as well for those needing one.

Do any of these cats ever escape?

Let's liven this thread back up, since I originally posted the cat has been seen 3 more times by neighbors, they guess it's around 50 lbs size of average dog. Now my uncle shows me this pic, can't say where, but just a few miles from bremen.

That's a house cat. THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS A BLACK PANTHER!

My offer still stands. When you bring me verifiable proof of a black panther, I'll give you a thousand dollars. Of course I get to keep the proof...

Had one come into slaughter creek valley about 5 yrs ago . Camping and it was about 130 am . We had a dog with us which I believe The reason for it appearing there, because we had camp there over 20 times in the same spot before but never brought my buddies dog with us . Apparently it has been up in that area, blood mountain that is, for a while because my buddy's grandfather lives on Overlook of a cattle farm, and he's seen it every year walk the fence line . Yes it was black. For the record that is the most disturbing sound ever heard in my life. It sounded like a woman screaming the murderous bloodcurdling scream and then it rolled into a gutteral growl . Crappiest nights sleep in the woulds I've ever had !

No it wasn't black, but it may have been night. Cool story though.

A couple of years ago my wife was hunting back behind our house in Haralson County. She thought she spotted what was a black, big cat I Shrugged it off thinking it must be a coyote and she was just freaking herself out. And then today no more than a half mile down the road from where she was hunting she spotted a very large cat that looked exactly like that one and another witness to back it up. Just curious if anybody has seen anything like this we are putting a trail camera out so hopefully we can get a picture.
I will have to retract my opion on the black panther, I grew up in fl and remember 40 or so years that the hunting regs. showed the black panther protected. I miss spoke because there is no mention of black panthers in fl. but they were protected in the 70's hunting regulations.

My brothers friend caught a large black cat on a deer cam years ago. Can't remember where but I saw the pic too, it was big and clear and a close up pic too. Don't know what it was so I can't call it a black panther. Wish I was curious about it back then but I was young and too busy chasing bitches lol

IMG_0362.JPG
He said it was black....deny it?? Okay say no more. batoncolle batoncolle

DNR denied panthers existed in Ga. but one was shot a couple years back. I think the question now is if there is any black ones. Supposedly, that color variation would be extremely rare to nonexistent. I have heard the stories though and lots of them. The neighbors of one of our hunting places had all seen what they knew was one. They actually had baited traps out. The whole area had been seeing something. This was fairly recently in the dense swamps of SE Ga.

Back
Top Bottom