• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black Powder Bullet size

MaconGuns

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
Seems a 454 ball is commonly suggest to run in a 44 caliber revolver for the lead ring seal. would a 45 conical fit? Also would a 45 conical be big enough to run in a 50 cal rifle without issues of gas venting around the bullet? Thanks

need to use a sabot for the 45 bullet in a ML,the round ball is lead so when you press it in it shaves the lead and seals the ball in the cylinder

need to use a sabot for the 45 bullet in a ML,the round ball is lead so when you press it in it shaves the lead and seals the ball in the cylinder

Thanks, was hoping to not need a sabot but it is what it is.
Will the 45 conical distort trying to be pushed in a 44 cylinder or will it shave off a bit.

Thanks, was hoping to not need a sabot but it is what it is.
Will the 45 conical distort trying to be pushed in a 44 cylinder or will it shave off a bit.
Have to load round balls in the old revolvers.Never tried conicals in them.

Got a melting pot coming and 454 ball mold. Not sure when I picked up the 450 conical mold. Guess I'll have to cast a few once I get settled. Plan on shooting BP more often. Any tips on scoring some cheap or free soft lead other than the shooting range?

I use these in my 1858 Remington New Model Belt Pistol.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index...rate,potassium nitrate solution and contains .

Takes out the guesswork, they are accurate, and safe to shoot out of a 150+ year old revolver.

I know these are .36 cal but they have them in .44 as well.

20200430_211208_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom