• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blacklist Sticky?

stepup

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
16   0
Reaction score
I have been on a few other forums who have done this but I had a guy who tried to get me on a trade. Between me doing my research and Okuma Steve banning him whil we were working on the details I figured out he was a crook. I think it would be very beneficial to put up a sticky that only steve could post in that had the Username, Realname, and phone number of anyone who has took money and ran with it or tried to screw someone. I have proof that this cat was up to no good and I am sure it has happened to others. I just think this would be great so that if you feel a little fishy about a deal it might could save your ass or if you get screwed you could make sure no one else does.

The only way that would work would be if Steve verified who the blacklisted people should be. That would require too much of his time. Also, posting a name and number up on a blacklist could also get Steven in some other trouble.

Do your own research and take precautions. This forum is a meeting place, everything else is done at your own risk. I don't think ODT management can or should do any policing.

Yeah in my original post I put that only Steve could add people. You are right that is what feedback is for. What about when someone gets on here and creates 2 accounts and gives themself positive feedback. Also the guy I am referring to has been banned a couple of times and he keeps creating new usernames. I don't see how it could be any legal liability posting someones info for ripping someone off. They do it on another site I am a part of and there has been no legal reprocussions from it.

Back
Top Bottom