• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blacklist Sticky?

I look at it this way, I've learned over the past year or so that you can post something a million times but it doesn't mean anyone will actually look at it. If people won't look at someone's itrader rating before a deal, I'm sure they wouldn't check any kind of blacklist sticky.

I look at it this way, I've learned over the past year or so that you can post something a million times but it doesn't mean anyone will actually look at it. If people won't look at someone's itrader rating before a deal, I'm sure they wouldn't check any kind of blacklist sticky.

prolly true !

A watch site I frequent uses a system called "Deal Watch" where a buyer or seller can check on the sellers/trader references or even post a situation or bad experience after certain criteria has been met.

I dont know if this would be of interest to you OS but the website is watchnet.com and as I mentioned, the section is called deal watch across the top of the page. That system they implemented has saved me a few times.

I do agree with another poster who mentioned people should not be afraid to leave negative feedback if warranted.

The problem I have with leaving negative feedback on someone you had a deal confirmed with and then they backed out, what would prevent them from turning around and leaving negative feedback on you? It would turn into a mess of "he said/he said" in trying to prove who actually did the wrong thing- I don't usually list a "PM sent" in a thread when I make an offer to someone, so how could I prove to the Mods that I had even secured a deal with someone on here only to have them back out for something better?

The problem I have with leaving negative feedback on someone you had a deal confirmed with and then they backed out, what would prevent them from turning around and leaving negative feedback on you? It would turn into a mess of "he said/he said" in trying to prove who actually did the wrong thing- I don't usually list a "PM sent" in a thread when I make an offer to someone, so how could I prove to the Mods that I had even secured a deal with someone on here only to have them back out for something better?

As long as you communicate with them through the site I can look at your pms. If you use email or negotiate over the phone then I can't check into it.

I only regret that when this recently happened to me, I was so upset that I immediately deleted all the PM's I got from the member- I figured that once I did that, I had no proof of even communicating with this person about a deal, so I didn't leave any negative feedback- I only hope this person doesn't cause this to happen to anyone else on here, because this is an awsome site that I'm sure 99.9% of us look forward to getting on everyday!

Last edited:
I have been on a few other forums who have done this but I had a guy who tried to get me on a trade. Between me doing my research and Okuma Steve banning him whil we were working on the details I figured out he was a crook. I think it would be very beneficial to put up a sticky that only steve could post in that had the Username, Realname, and phone number of anyone who has took money and ran with it or tried to screw someone. I have proof that this cat was up to no good and I am sure it has happened to others. I just think this would be great so that if you feel a little fishy about a deal it might could save your ass or if you get screwed you could make sure no one else does.

What did he try to do? I am confused as to how someone could take the money and run unless you get robbed at gunpoint while doing a trade or sell.

Question if anyone knows...would it be legal to meet at a police station in the parking lot to sell a gun if you are skeptical about someone? I know the transaction is legal so that's not an issue, but I am wondering about taking the gun on their property.

We don't need a blacklist. All you have to do is PM several different people you know with their info and let them PM several people they know. Before long his name will be mud site wide.

I think the idea of the op is more to list the true identities of people, so they can't come back with a different user name and continue to scam. This is most useful for transactions that occur through shipping, but does save time and effort of driving to meet someone for a deal that's not legit

Back
Top Bottom