• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

blackpowder Kennesaw Cannon........ever shot one?

Indeed, when my two girls were real young we would shoot old Barbie dolls across the pond. Kinda twisted sick entertainment but it was fun and they had a few laughs. I made them from a 1/2 inch bore up to a 2 5/8ths bore.

Fired off my little Kennesaw Cannon Howizter this week......great fun! Shot off all my blackpowder and have to go buy some more on payday. I highly recommended this little cannons. Found the best best price on them at cannonfuse.com

Lets see if this will do it. This is just a rough start on the carriage. I like the flipper type hammer and a percussion cap for firing. The barrel has a bore of 1 3/4 inch for golf balls. The wheels and carriage were made from a plank of 1 5/8ths maple. The rings on the wheels are scrap brass I had left over from a machining job. All the finished pics are on my old hard drive and couldn't be salvaged. The finished project turned out nice with plenty of brass hard ware and a dark stain. I made two of these cannons, one for my oldest brother and one for my cousin. This is the only two that I decided to build alike.

i59.tinypic.com_30db761.jpg

i58.tinypic.com_f2o3kw.jpg

i57.tinypic.com_o8wjmh.jpg

i58.tinypic.com_mrw8du.jpg

i59.tinypic.com_14szmf4.jpg

i61.tinypic.com_b84ok5.jpg

i57.tinypic.com_2m61gdi.jpg

This cannon sits in my den. This was a family project that hasn't been completed.
i59.tinypic.com_xddmgy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom