• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Block the serial number on posted for sale guns.

Lets see?..Data tracking,ownership name, registration , address , stolen gun status? :noidea:

if you dont care for us all. Please post the list the serial numbers of all guns in your current possession please thanks.
I will contact our new 3 day member from the northeastern state and he can let you know..

it was just very odd? A gun that’s posted for sale “local only“ no shipping. And a 3 day member from the Northeast state everyone hates, sends a message says he “can’t quite” make out the serial number and could I verify it for him?
I had this happen recently. I shut him down. There is no reason for asking this in a legitimate sale.

I suppose he could say some of his guns were stolen and turn in the serial numbers he finds and the tell LI that he thinks he knows where his stolen gun is. Some people are just sick and evil.
He'll have to explain why he waited to report them stolen till after I posted pictures of them on a open forum. Then after a short investigation he'll go to jail for filing a false police report and attempted theft of my property.

Go for it.

Having done over a hundred transactions on here, I can't say I've ever had a problem with my serial number being in the photo. And I tend to post multiple photos which will usually also show a SN. I have had people PM to hide the SN though in the past.

Back around 2017 I sold a Colt SP1 for on Gunbroker that turned out to be stolen. It was stolen back around 2006 but I was selling it on consignment for a customer that bought it at a pawn shop recently.

So there's no way either of us could have known it was stolen 10 years prior to us getting it, but it was sold to a guy in Connecticut where they have to register their guns and when he did it came back stolen and the police got it from him and delivered it back to McDonough Ga police who had the stolen report from 2006 and presumably they got it back to it's rightful owner.

The ATF did contact me because the buyer was calling them every day demanding they arrest me for selling stolen guns :lol:
I had the information of my customer I got the gun from ready to give them but they never asked and never seemed to cared. They simply asked what was going on and I told them I sold the gun on Gunbroker and that's all I know.

The listing had 50 high definition pictures, with about a dozen of them clearly showing the Serial Number. Had I covered or blurred out the serial number that whole ordeal could have gone a lot different. They would have had a case to make that I knew it was stolen and that's why I concealed information.

In reality they probably still wouldn't give a ****, but I'm glad I didn't do something stupid like blurr or cover the serial number thinking I was protecting myself.

Back around 2017 I sold a Colt SP1 for on Gunbroker that turned out to be stolen. It was stolen back around 2006 but I was selling it on consignment for a customer that bought it at a pawn shop recently.

So there's no way either of us could have known it was stolen 10 years prior to us getting it, but it was sold to a guy in Connecticut where they have to register their guns and when he did it came back stolen and the police got it from him and delivered it back to McDonough Ga police who had the stolen report from 2006 and presumably they got it back to it's rightful owner.

The ATF did contact me because the buyer was calling them every day demanding they arrest me for selling stolen guns :lol:
I had the information of my customer I got the gun from ready to give them but they never asked and never seemed to cared. They simply asked what was going on and I told them I sold the gun on Gunbroker and that's all I know.

The listing had 50 high definition pictures, with about a dozen of them clearly showing the Serial Number. Had I covered or blurred out the serial number that whole ordeal could have gone a lot different. They would have had a case to make that I knew it was stolen and that's why I concealed information.

In reality they probably still wouldn't give a ****, but I'm glad I didn't do something stupid like blurr or cover the serial number thinking I was protecting myself.
I like the 'Broad Daylight' approach. If I thought I had anything to hide, I'd have hidden it.

I thought pawn shops had to surrender numbers to the police to be checked.

I thought pawn shops had to surrender numbers to the police to be checked.
They have to file a report at the end of each week, it's called leads online or something like that. Used to have to do it when I worked at a pawn shop.

But it turns out no one really checks that report because this gun had been in and out of pawn like 6 times, each time the report was sent and the pawn shop owner had a record of those reports.

Pawn shop owner said they'd be happy to provide the reports to the ATF or McDonough police but no one ever asked or seemed to care.

Back
Top Bottom