• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Block the serial number on posted for sale guns.

They are but I doubt they are going through randomly searching serial numbers which would be a misuse of NCIC and GCIC.

Not saying it’s not possible but I think they are looking for bigger fish to fry than stolen guns. Personally I wish at least licensed dealers could run checks for people but unfortunately the only way to know if your used gun is stolen is to have law enforcement run it for you.
Yeah, maybe not. In this particular case they looking at the person I sold to which had a ga ccl. Apparently he was buying and buying but no trades or sales. They found a gun like the one I sold him in a smuggling ring bust. So, yes bigger fish in this case.

My buddy sent me a picture of his nuts resting on the steering wheel of my truck once. He had snuck in my truck at a party the night before and put his nuts on the steering wheel for a little photo op.

So he sent me the picture the next day to let me know I drove home with my hands where he rubbed his nuts. I put out a craigslist ad in the homo section with his nuts picture and phone number and said "New in Atlanta looking for my first gay experience"

It was around 1pm on a Sunday so figured it would take awhile before the prank set in but it was no more than 30 minutes before he called begging me to make it stop :lol:

His wife was dying laughing in the background, said it was just one big black Weiner after another coming in via text message.
I make CL postings all the time with my coworkers motorcycles, toolboxes, cars etc… but only when they are being PITAs!!!
Never gets old!:laugh:

At work, so not sure if it's been said, but I have heard of people hitting up companies with serial numbers for replacement/parts. So if you do end up needing something the company won't help you out as they already sent "you" something.
What would be the reasoning?

Not to change the subject, but I have on two occasions sold guns to police officers, not knowing before hand, and they ran the serial numbers on the spot.
Both deals went thru.
I bought an ak from a cop in college park, he rolled up in his sqaudcar. I asked if he wanted to see my permit and he said he already ran a check when he saw my tag.

Yeah, maybe not. In this particular case they looking at the person I sold to which had a ga ccl. Apparently he was buying and buying but no trades or sales. They found a gun like the one I sold him in a smuggling ring bust. So, yes bigger fish in this case.

So he bought a lot of guns legally and then a gun that was kinda similar to one of those guns was found in a crime so they immediately went back to all of the people that legally sold him guns? Yeah sounds like the feds

Back
Top Bottom