• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boat Question

GaCracker63

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
26   1
Reaction score
I just traded for a 1989 american skier advanced I want to put a fish/depth finder on it does anyone know about the transducer that you can mount inside the boat on top of the hull and I don't want to spend much is proble going to be the problem. Let me know if any of you know anything about it thanks.

I prefer an external mount tranducer, however, if you just need to know only the dept, a hull mount will work fine but if you want to fish you need to spend the money on a good one, lowrance or hummingbird have great units

can't say either way on garmin, only used their product as a gps in my truck, which is a good one. As far as fishing, your fish finder is the most important of equipment. I would save up for a good one, the things you see and thought you saw are like night and day. A lot of people scimp on the graph, and miss so many of what they are there for....FISH! Im not saying you have to have side imaging or downscan...but a good unit with mapping and gps will do wonders for you.

Thanks for the reply's I may just get a depth finder indash that has thur hull transducer but I really wanted to have all the other readings also so might get fish finder so can see water temp also, don't no how that will hold up on the transit under speed with a inboard had bass boats before.

Back
Top Bottom