• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bolied Crawfish March 26th

Don't get too worked up. It was pretty bad. After the first 5 or 6, my wife wouldn't even eat hers. About 60% of the crawfish were mushy, about 50% were really small, there wasn't enough seasoning to taste, and about 10% were bad (dead before they were cooked). The vegetables got served 10 minutes late and they were undercooked and overspiced. Only had 3 small pieces of sausage with the vegetables and the 2 half ears of corn were so mushy even I couldn't eat it. Never had carrots or crunchy celery in a cajun boil...

View attachment 1113446

Now the crabcakes were not bad, although a little greasy. They kept calling it Boudin sausage, but they looked like hushpuppies and tasted like crabcakes...not a sausage casing to be found.

I should have sent the food back, but I just didn't want to create a scene (it was our anniversary). I just won't go back...maybe for anything.
Well dang! I hate that for you guys. :( But yeah happy anniversary!! :becky:

I wish GeauxLSU GeauxLSU had been there. He would have set them straight on their "Cajun Boudin"!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've given up trying to find good crawfish here. I'm about to make an emergency restocking run I think. :).
I've seriously considered doing a weekly run to resell. Not sure why it's so hard to find around here much less at a decent price. :mmph:

Don't get too worked up. It was pretty bad. After the first 5 or 6, my wife wouldn't even eat hers. About 60% of the crawfish were mushy, about 50% were really small, there wasn't enough seasoning to taste, and about 10% were bad (dead before they were cooked). The vegetables got served 10 minutes late and they were undercooked and overspiced. Only had 3 small pieces of sausage with the vegetables and the 2 half ears of corn were so mushy even I couldn't eat it. Never had carrots or crunchy celery in a cajun boil...

View attachment 1113446

Now the crabcakes were not bad, although a little greasy. They kept calling it Boudin sausage, but they looked like hushpuppies and tasted like crabcakes...not a sausage casing to be found.

I should have sent the food back, but I just didn't want to create a scene (it was our anniversary). I just won't go back...maybe for anything.
That sucks and I'm really sorry about the bad experience at Tannery Row! Last year the Crawfish were seasoned right and they were good in size. I was hoping for the same this year but looks like they totally screwed that up. Very disappointing....

That sucks and I'm really sorry about the bad experience at Tannery Row! Last year the Crawfish were seasoned right and they were good in size. I was hoping for the same this year but looks like they totally screwed that up. Very disappointing....
No worries. We've eaten there a few other times and it's been ok. Had the same sorta experience at Marlow's @ MOG last year. They had a "Cajun Special" one night (Jambalaya) and I ordered it. Had 2 boiled Crawfish on top and they tasted like the mudbog they were harvested from (probably in Vietnam). The Jambalaya was awful and the "Andouille" sausage was a spicy hotdog weiner. I sent it back after 2 bites and didn't pay for it.

Next thing we'll see is Cajun Alaska State Troopers as a reality show. Everybody wants to be Cajun, but they don't know how. Except the Cajuns...

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

I've given up trying to find good crawfish here. I'm about to make an emergency restocking run I think. :).
I've seriously considered doing a weekly run to resell. Not sure why it's so hard to find around here much less at a decent price. :mmph:

I've bought my on at the cajun meat company in Marietta a couple times. They go down once a week. I order on Mondays and pick up on Saturday morning. Turned out good so far.

Back
Top Bottom