• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

boresnakes?

I always use Hoppes solvent on patches, then dry with patches, then oil, and then dry the oil so NO drops are left in barrel. Sometimes a small drop of oil left in the barrel when fired will cause a bulge.

everytime I use my Boresnake on my nagant I get a nice thick green substance oozing out of my snake when I squeeze it. Not to mention it takes an innumerable amount of passes to clean that corrosive powder out.

I love my boresnake. Like laxguy said though, not worth a flip on a nagant... but then again they are not made for that ;). I love mine.I have 3 , 9mm , 45 and .22/223. They work great and are washing machine safe!

I keep 2 .30 cal bore snakes. One for ammonia and water, the other for CLP. I have cleaned hundreds of Mosin Nagants with said bore snakes without any issues.
Shoot corrosive at the range, squirt some ammonia and water down the barrel, pull the snake through a couple of times followed by the CLP snake and I've NEVER had any issues with rust.
To each his own but the boresnake is awesome.

I don't have issues, just green slime, I assume it is copper fouling based on the color but seriously its like a table spoon of green paste each time I shoot about 45 rounds or so.

I also run windex down the pipe before cleaning.

Regular hoppes kit does it for me. If I was out in the field then a boresnake comes in handy, unless you're shooting corrosive ammo and are far away from home with nothing else I'd use one.

Back
Top Bottom