• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bought a unicorn...but she's missing her horn

I've had stuff like that happen on couple occasions. Last was colt 22 huntsman with broke firing pin. Was told by owner it shot and worked good. Ordered firing pin and installed it did. U have to really watch and inspect before u buy. Never bought anything off here that wasn't as advised.

Had my first issue like this last month on Gunbroker with an M1917 Eddystone. Guy sold it missing the Magazine box and the ejector was broken. Said if fired great, which I guess it did sigle shot and hand pulling out the round from the extractor. Gave him a real bad negative and so did someone else. He's no longer there.

Had my first issue like this last month on Gunbroker with an M1917 Eddystone. Guy sold it missing the Magazine box and the ejector was broken. Said if fired great, which I guess it did sigle shot and hand pulling out the round from the extractor. Gave him a real bad negative and so did someone else. He's no longer there.

Some folk's reputation is only worth a couple of bucks. Why not fix it and then sell it? I don't get these sort of people....treat others as you would like to be treated. Pretty simple I think.

It was from a well known (and well-liked on ODT) local dealer. And there's no way to inspect to see if the rifle ejects in the store. It's not like the staff will hand me a box of rounds to test ejection. As many used guns as I've bought, I've never carried a snap cap to test ejection. Maybe I should start. Already ordered a new spring, so hopefully it'll be rectified quickly.

It was from a well known (and well-liked on ODT) local dealer. And there's no way to inspect to see if the rifle ejects in the store. It's not like the staff will hand me a box of rounds to test ejection. As many used guns as I've bought, I've never carried a snap cap to test ejection. Maybe I should start. Already ordered a new spring, so hopefully it'll be rectified quickly.
I assume you contacted the dealer for them to make it right and they refused? Given that please PM their name. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom