Bought my first: Aero Lower (now a build thread)

I PUT MINE TOGEATHER LAST WEEK ! GREAT FIT ! I USED WILSON FLUTED MATCH BARREL AND BOLT CARRIER , EVERYTHING ELSE WAS AERO !WAITING ON SIGHTS AND FIGURE OUT WHAT TYPE SCOPE THAT WILL WORK WELL WITH 168 GRAIN FEDERAL MATCH AMMO !
I’d be curious to hear feedback on the WC barrel. Their 16” “intermediate” gas barrel was intriguing... but they didn’t have their tubes available at the time.

Took me months to track down parts. M5 stuff has been hard to find lately.

Was able to grab a 16” BA barrel for this build. Just need to grab a trigger for it.

19217254-6922-4F6E-86CA-E32538D84BAD.jpeg

What caliber are you building?

I’ve built quite a few .308’s and 6.5CM’s for customers, and at least one .243, using wholly Aero parts. No idea on accuracy, but the ones that I built have not come back in the shop with complaints.

I’d skip the adjustable gas block, especially on a gun that hasn’t been test fired and run yet.

It will take any standard forward assist....they aren’t caliber specific.

TruPrep is Aero’s largest “brick and mortar” retailer. May have Aero parts that you are looking for, as well as parts from other manufacturers.

I’ve built quite a few .308’s and 6.5CM’s for customers, and at least one .243, using wholly Aero parts. No idea on accuracy, but the ones that I built have not come back in the shop with complaints.

I’d skip the adjustable gas block, especially on a gun that hasn’t been test fired and run yet.

TruPrep is Aero’s largest “brick and mortar” retailer. May have Aero parts that you are looking for, as well as parts from other manufacturers.

-308 probably
-leaning towards the adjustable for my YHM can
-I'm no where near TruPrep any more. They are awesome!
I run superlative arms adjustable Gasblock on all my builds especially running cans it’s a must! Definitely fine tunes a gun.

I run superlative arms adjustable Gasblock on all my builds especially running cans it’s a must! Definitely fine tunes a gun.

We’ll agree to disagree. I own several AR’s that I’ve built myself, none have an adjustable gas block, and they run perfectly suppressed and I suppressed.

We’ll agree to disagree. I own several AR’s that I’ve built myself, none have an adjustable gas block, and they run perfectly suppressed and I suppressed.
Didn’t say they would not run but definitely makes a difference on recoil and less gas back at bcg and running different bullet weight etc. I only have two di guns the rest are factory piston guns and my opinion better anyway! PWS,LMT and LWRC.

Didn’t say they would not run but definitely makes a difference on recoil and less gas back at bcg and running different bullet weight etc. I only have two di guns the rest are factory piston guns and my opinion better anyway! PWS,LMT and LWRC.

Everything is a trade-off. I choose not to add superfluous, extra moving parts to my weapons. I run a wide selection of bullet weights, from 52-77grns. Recoil on a 5.56 is negligible in an AR, I’m not sacrificing reliability to mitigate what little there is. Paul Howe has a pithy and apropos statement about 5.56 and recoil.

As to your preference for piston guns, we will once again agree to disagree.

Everything is a trade-off. I choose not to add superfluous, extra moving parts to my weapons. I run a wide selection of bullet weights, from 52-77grns. Recoil on a 5.56 is negligible in an AR, I’m not sacrificing reliability to mitigate what little there is. Paul Howe has a pithy and apropos statement about 5.56 and recoil.

As to your preference for piston guns, we will once again agree to disagree.
I’m referring to 7.62x39 and 308 guns have the adjustable Gasblocks for running suppressed and subsonic ammo mostly, I agree on less moving parts for a reliable operation definitely and my other guns are all factory except triggers. Di guns are still very reliable no question.

The stripped upper + ejection door came in. I have a spare forward assist I'm going to use.
20210313_152451.jpg

Again, the finish is top notch. Literally the best I've seen in person. It's so good, I feel bad usual a generic forward assist.

Kudos to Aero for using screws for the bolt catch on the lower and the upper forward assist. Such a nice feature.

Once the LPK gets in I'll start putting everything together.

I have two of the M5 lowers. Assuming the 243 would be built with the M5? My youngest has been wanting a deer rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom