• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bread Machine

darrenmd

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
I am by no means a baker.... I love cooking, but I never got into baking. Well, I went garage sale shopping with my wife and someone gave me a bread machine.... I have been having a blast making different breads/dough, I have made egg bread, cinnamon rolls and raisin bread. Wow, pretty easy... Anyone got some recipes they want to share?

Raisin bread shown below.... tasted great, raisin didn't get as spread out as I would of liked....

Raisin Bread (1).jpg Raisin Bread (2).jpg

We have a bread machine we rarely use anymore. We've found its cheaper and easier to buy take and bake bread from the grocery store. If we want a special loaf, we'll break out the bread machine.

Now, many many many many moons ago, a young lady was "friendly" with got me a job at a bakery. I made a lot of cakes, cookies, muffins, cheese doodles, etc. I still have one recipie for a cake that's amazing. Biggest secret to the bakery was all of the cakes used store bought mixes.

My mom had one years ago, and some friends had one too. I never liked how dense the bread they make is.

I really want to break the grocery store, who-knows-what-is-in-it square bread habit and get into the 5-minute bread rhythm, but... yeah. I'm not a morning person.

Biggest secret to the bakery was all of the cakes used store bought mixes.

That is because that most supermarket bakeries are structured to be staffed with minimum wage whomevers in their bakery dept.

Oh man I set it up with the timer before I crash for the night most times.
It'll surely get me out of bed in the morning.

I've noticed the wheats and the rye's are pretty heavy, but the two white breads I like are nice and light.

Got smart at some point and started using the electric knife to make nice thin even slices.

My mom had one years ago, and some friends had one too. I never liked how dense the bread they make is.

I really want to break the grocery store, who-knows-what-is-in-it square bread habit and get into the 5-minute bread rhythm, but... yeah. I'm not a morning person.

That is because that most supermarket bakeries are structured to be staffed with minimum wage whomevers in their bakery dept.

Wasn't a supermarket bakery but a stand alone one.

I worked here back when it was in Habersham Village:
http://www.savannahrumrunners.com/index.html

I guess whatever works and keeps the customers happy.

Now that you mention it, most of my in-laws and bro's in law are chefs or in the resturaut biz (New Orleans, go figure). And probably the best cook of the lot, swears that the Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix makes the absolute best cakes, so.... I guess so.

Back
Top Bottom