• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Break in - can you shoot ?

The caveat is the intruder isn't an immediate threat to yourself. Preoccupied with the dog chewing on them.

NO, THE CAVEAT IS HE IS IN YOUR HOME WITH A WEAPON (OR NOT, HE IS A THREAT AND YOURS & YOUR FAMILIES LIVES ARE IN JEAPORDY!
If he kills the dog, whats next? If he doesn't kill the dog, what's next?
REMOVE THE THREAT!

Hypothetically speaking, if I that ever happened to me I would hope I never started a thread about it on the Internet. If someone is in my house brandishing a knife and the dog has him by the leg I'm going to assume that the dog is the only thing preventing the intruder from cutting me so....

Hypothetical situation. You're woken in the middle of the night by your dog barking. You hear sounds of a break in and go downstairs. You find your dog has the intruder by the leg. You are 25' away. The intruder is brandishing a knife.

Can you legitimately shoot them as you believe they are about to injure or kill your dog ?

Can you legitimately shoot them if they have injured or killed your dog ?

If you're trying to kill my dog I'm gonna smoke your ass.

Pretty sure it's legal but still gonna do it if it's not.

So let me get this straight

Are you worried the dog will tell on you ?

I mean if he would - You need a different dog

One more loyal

On the bright side - If he is able to talk - He’s worth a lot of money so you would be able to buy a better more loyal dog fairly easily when you sell that mutt

Well that is unless he’s like that frog in the cartoon that could sing

I say all this jokingly but only because I don’t even see a question about killing a man who has broke in my house and is standing in my living room in the middle of the night with a knife with or without my dog attached to his leg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom