• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bring back guns. Straight from the war.

My grandfather brought this P38 back from his time of duty in Germany. I know I've told this story before but I will tell it again because I'm proud of it. He told me his unit was on the front fighting back and forth for control of a town and he had a very close encounter with a German soldier that only one of them walked away from. He said that was the only man he was sure he killed while he was over there. When my grandfather passed on I got the pistol and my cousin got a presentation dagger that he got off the same soldier. I miss him terribly.
20170226_171354.jpg

At the time they said we could bring back an SKS from RVN but I didn't want one. I had an AK but it was illegal to ship so they said. I didn't want to chance slipping it back in to the states. I had too much to lose especially my rank.
I know several guys that did. Whether they made it through the system or not?

My grandfather didn't bring back any guns but brought back alot of small stuff, when I was about 6 years old he showed me anow cigar box full of Nazi uniform stuff, knives, and other little things he brought back from the war. Up until a few years ago when he had to be moved into an assisted living he carried a picket knife he got off a German who he made not need it anymore.

At the time they said we could bring back an SKS from RVN but I didn't want one. I had an AK but it was illegal to ship so they said. I didn't want to chance slipping it back in to the states. I had too much to lose especially my rank.
I know several guys that did. Whether they made it through the system or not?

Yes I am 100% certain some of those AK's made it here.

My grandfather brought this P38 back from his time of duty in Germany. I know I've told this story before but I will tell it again because I'm proud of it. He told me his unit was on the front fighting back and forth for control of a town and he had a very close encounter with a German soldier that only one of them walked away from. He said that was the only man he was sure he killed while he was over there. When my grandfather passed on I got the pistol and my cousin got a presentation dagger that he got off the same soldier. I miss him terribly. View attachment 1079079
Wow. That is definitely something to be proud about. Miss my grandpa. He was in Pearl Harbor. Didn't get a chance to talk about it. I was too young when he said passed.

In the begining of GWOT, Some AKs made it back in BFVs stashed in places only the mech squad could find. Never saw it just heard it through the Joe hotline. But it was pre-2005

Back
Top Bottom