• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bring back guns. Straight from the war.

Got a P-08 Luger with all matching #, 2 mags, holster, spare barrel, cleaning kit...And the coolest part...The customs paperwork signed by my Grandfather's CO.

It's one of the neatest pistols I've ever shot.
1488158157878-803318218.jpg

eaca2cde6cded8cc30bf0f3e2cebec08.jpg

Two things I inherited from my late grandfather, his 1987 Rolex Datejust and this beautiful little stainless .32acp pistol. He was an artillery spotter who came through Normandy in July 1944 during the breakout. He was soon promoted to sgt and moved to intelligence when they found out he took high school German lol.

My granddad served in the Third Army and interrogated captured Germans and was able to liberate quite a few little goodies....this pistol, a Mauser 1914 pistol in .25acp, and a whole host of nazi medals, money, armbands, etc.

This pistol was his bedside gun for over 60 years and he often carried it in his briefcase while working in Atlanta as a banker. My grandad passed away three years ago and I sure miss that man....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in Germany in the sixties, I met a German guy who became a great friend. He served in WWII as a Navigator on a Bomber. He was shot down and captured by the Americans and he was grateful for that because they treated him humanely. He was afraid of being captured by the Russians.
anyway he loved peanut butter and I kept him supplied until I came back to the States in 1967 for four months and then to Nam.
I returned to Germany and we met up again and continued our friendship in 1969. When I was returning to the states in 1976, he came over to the house and presented me with a German Luger from the early 1900's but of course the Americans considered it a no no and I couldn't bring it home.
That really ticked me off, but what could I do. I had two years to retire and wasn't going to jeopardize all those years for a pistol.

Back
Top Bottom