• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

British .303 as a hunting rifle.

Rockypoco

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
76   0
Reaction score
I have a British .303 in my gun cabinet that I traded for years ago. I have never taken it deer hunting because I have a 30.06, a .308 and a 7mm mag. The rifle has been sporterized and has a scope on it that has been sighted in. How many of you hunt with the .303 and how does it perform? I have some Winchester hunting ammo for it. Thanks, Bobby

I've never used one to hunt with personally but it's all my grandfather used. He killed many deer with, my dad and uncles killed plenty of deer with it as well.

You can hunt anything in Georgia with it....some argue anything in North America. There is a nice forum on the Lee Endfeild rifle if you google for it. Lots of pics from guys around the world taking deer, bulls, hogs, you name it.

I find the .303 brit very pleasant to shoot. A sporterized Enfiled will carry well, and should shoot well. How well does your shoot? Have you shot a few groups with it? It will hit with about the punch of .308, or at least close enough. You will not be undergunned. I know mine shoots at least as well as I do.

Back
Top Bottom