• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning Buckmark

haymons22

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
What does everyone think about the Buckmark? I just traded into a Buckmark Camper SS with 5 1/2" barrel. How do they compare to the Ruger Mk or 22/45 series?

Great gun, really accurate however I did not like having to use the Allen wrench to remove the screws in order to clean it. Mine seemed to like CCI and blazer best.

I love mine. I had a well-built MKII, but sold it after I bought my first BM.

Great guns. Be sure to research the Heggis flip. It's a quick, simple, reversible trigger job that requires no parts. Video instructions can be found on YouTube.

Yep, it's worth it.

Here's a group shot:

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s131_bdaleray_Firearms_BuckMarkGroupShot_R.jpg

+1 on the Heggis flip. Quick and easy way to crisp up the trigger pull and decrease the pull weight. Mine would eat anything but definitely preferred CCI for accuracy. Trigger is definitely better than the Rugers but other than that I'd say it's a wash.

I've owned a pile of both, still own one MKIII and a classic Buckmark. Of the two, the Rugers are my preferred rimfires.

They just fit me better. Plus I've had so many Ruger 22's since I was a kid that I can tear one down and put it back together in minutes.

I can't help but laugh at the people that cuss reinstalling the mainspring housing. "Turn it upside down and squeeze the trigger", it'll drop right in.

I had one Ruger and sold it due to it being such a pain in the butt to reassemble. I watched all the videos and listened to advice. I finally got the hang of it but was so irritated by the crappy design I vowed to never own another. Bought a Buckmark and will never look back. Much better gun.

Back
Top Bottom