• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bucks chasing report

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
Is anyone seeing a lot of buck chasing activity yet. I hunt Meriwether and it looks like it is getting close. Main thing I look for is seeing does without the young ones with them. Bucks like to break them up and have a little time with momma by themselves. Scrapes are showing up heavy and a few rub trees have been found. Hope to get Wed afternoon and all day Thur to see what is moving.

Saw a nice buck cold trailing a doe and yearling this past weekend. Lots of scrapes, a few rubs. All the does we saw this past weekend had little ones with them. This is Talbot county. Hopefully it busts open soon, I'll be in the woods for four days starting this weekend.

During my yearly "scientific analysis" of driving the interstate from middle GA to Atlanta yesterday, I counted 4 dead deer spread out along the way. It has started, but it is minor still. My guess is next week, I'll see double that number of dead deer.

Seen a lot of does this morning. Some still with fawns. No bucks anywhere around. Got s buck Friday but he was just passing thru I'd guess. Came down a trail about a hour after some does had passed by.

Back
Top Bottom