• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Build your own GUNRANGE... Indoors - Basement/Garage/Workshop... nothing to it

chandlee312

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
Reaction score
If anyone decides to make the Ultimate MAN CAVE - lets build an Indoor Range in your Basement....
Ive been looking into adding one onto my home - boy they are EASY to do.... A nice backstop system/flurescent lighting/ventilation/soundproofing - BOOM. Look at Sons of Guns Range. Its Primitive... Nothing to it...
Frame a Few Walls/Soundproofing/Bullet Catching System-Material/Ventilation System/Few lights/Target Pulley system ( which isnt necessary ) - BOOM your can test out your new firearms while the wife is cooking dinner.....

We are licensed Commercial General Contractors - If it can be dreamed up - we can build it... Chances are we already have... www.chandleeandsonsconstruction.com

We will throw up a fake wall/build your Gun Room with a Range off of it. Close it all up with a Vault Door hidden behind a Bookshelf/Builtin and let the games begin...... Spend $ 50k or go all out and drop a few hundred thousand....

Their is an outfit up north that takes Semi Trailers and converts them into mobile Shooting Ranges... Buy on of those-sit it on a slab beside your Garage/Workshop/Throw a newly pitched roof over it and your done.... No one but you will even know its there.... haha

For some reason, ive decided to push this idea... More people should add personal ranges onto their homes.... You dont have to blow endless amounts of money for FUN... Hell, you'd this much on a years worth of buying guns... or your wifes car.....

Type in Firing Range Plans... Find one that suites your needs.... Typical Minimum Space requirements would be 40ft long x 10 ft wide......

This idea stemmed from all of the days/evenings id like to shoot a Gun off my Property - but dont want to piss the neighbors off... Not to mention we've recently built a few gun rooms for clients.
Cool Stuff.....

I say just dump some dirt in the living room ,and get a can.lol But really what do they use for backstop? I have been thinking about doing a pistol range up stairs.

It's not practical to install an integral suppressor or a threaded barrel on every gun.

I already have a 5 ton pile of sand in the corner of my warehouse but firing anything that's not subsonic stands to be heard at a residential area 125 yards distance.

Although the crack is muffled, the thud or boom is distinct.

I'm confident that Gwinnett County has ordinances against firing weapons inside unless a range or gunsmith with a trap.. and they always have the noise ordinances if complaints abound.

Foam? The same principle in a recording studio would apply.

Foam lining a 40-foot metal storage container would need to be some thick foam for the shots percussion not to reverberate through the structure, maybe without a crack or boom, but I'm concerned about the loud "thud" which will draw attention of residential neighbors, mine being 450 feet away.

There is no such thing as sound proof but the guys who build studios do a pretty good job. It is a question of cost vs benefit.

Back
Top Bottom