• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

bullet hits my tree

Props for keeping a level head with boy.I know had similar expirerence couple days ago with my boys.Someone was shooting on our land I took off in the ranger that way but then realized myself not good example for them.

As fathers, we have no greater responsibility than to ensure the next generation is not full of oxygen thieves.

"If you don't become a better person while raising kids.........you're doing it wrong". My Grandfather

It ain't easy being the leader of a family, the shaper of lives and the provider of substance, but the rewards that come with it are endless.

Im sure whoever was doing it had NO intent.

Glad your OK,other than no son I had the same basic thing happen years ago. The shooter had stopped and lined cans on the TOp of a bank and was shooting UP at them from the road. The ark put the bullets into the tree I was in. He didn't stop firing until I shot back in his direction! (at a tree of course) The report from the 444 I was shooting stopped him and the next thing I heard was tires squealing as he left.

When you pull the trigger...every time you pull a trigger there are inherent responsibilities involved... So nobodies fault is a little hard to swallow... This is a great teaching moment for all of us... The fact that no one got hurt is awesome... I am sure the person who did this has already learned there lesson but I would absolutely be knocking... But I would also be respectful...

not going to get into a Christmas morning wizzing contest, what I meant is there was no intent to harm, of course if the bullet would have hit someone there would have been fault, but even in court it would have been ruled an accident..

again glad no one was hurt and he took time to chill, if he goes talk to dad with an attitude it will get you nowhere.. Talk calmly as you can like grown up to the dad and it will go a long way he will deal with his son..Trust me I would..

Glad your OK,other than no son I had the same basic thing happen years ago. The shooter had stopped and lined cans on the TOp of a bank and was shooting UP at them from the road. The ark put the bullets into the tree I was in. He didn't stop firing until I shot back in his direction! (at a tree of course) The report from the 444 I was shooting stopped him and the next thing I heard was tires squealing as he left.

I bet you scared him when that 444 went off. I hunted with a 444 for years uncle said there was no doubt who shot when that thing went off.

Back
Top Bottom