• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bullet lubes?

Jackie Graham

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
675   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a good all around lube for my cast bullets. I am currently usind Lyman's super moly but it is a little messy. I get every where and I have tracked it on the carpet. My wife almost shot me!

I have a 450 Lyman sizer with a heater.

Does anyony have any sugestions?

Try the Super Moly without heat. It will work better for you. I have several sticks of it. Got them when Midway had them on sale. Have since made a few sticks of my own with beeswax and moly bearing grease. Works just like store bought! Using mine in a 4500 BTW.

White Label Lube's Red Carnauba:

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/

By far, best lube I've used. You can push it really hard and it does wonders for keeping the leading under control. I've shot it in 308 Win rifle at 2500fps, and it stops leading in my rifles even at that kind of pressure and velocity. I use it for all my centerfire cast shooting: 9mm, 38/357, 45acp, 308 Win, 7.5x55, 30-30, etc. Does require a heater. White Label (Glen Larson) has softer lubes if you want something for use without a heater.

And it's cheap: $1.65 a stick if you choose bagged sticks instead of plastic tubes. He charges USPS flat rate shipping. $20 will get you enough lube for many thousands of bullets, and that includes shipping. And that's for a lube that I consider to be a superior product to much of what's out there.

Back
Top Bottom