Bullets fly when store owner opens fire on would-be robbers

Wow, am I really about to post a fuddy-duddy comment about this?

So if this happens in the daytime with crowded sidewalks, and you're just strolling down the sidewalk when this happens and you are struck by a stray round...do you have any recourse?

Could you sue the owner for your medical bills? What if your son/daughter/parents were enjoying ice cream at the shop across the street when their life was cut short or they were permanently paralyzed, etc by a stray round?

Thank goodness this wasn't the case, but judging from dude's shooting he'd be lucky to hit the fish in the barrel.

So if this happens in the daytime with crowded sidewalks, and you're just strolling down the sidewalk when this happens and you are struck by a stray round...do you have any recourse?

Could you sue the owner for your medical bills? What if your son/daughter/parents were enjoying ice cream at the shop across the street when their life was cut short or they were permanently paralyzed, etc by a stray round?

Thank goodness this wasn't the case, but judging from dude's shooting he'd be lucky to hit the fish in the barrel.
Well you can sue anyone for anything, but the responsible party was the would be thieves. Just like if a bystander was killed, it's the person's fault who is committing the felony, not the person employing self defense.

Fuddy-duddy. But you make a point.

Well you can sue anyone for anything, but the responsible party was the would be thieves. Just like if a bystander was killed, it's the person's fault who is committing the felony, not the person employing self defense.

I believe this is completely correct legally, but I'll bet the store owner would end up in a civil suit. He might anyway. Bad guys might sue because he caused them to have PTSD.

I believe this is completely correct legally, but I'll bet the store owner would end up in a civil suit. He might anyway. Bad guys might sue because he caused them to have PTSD.
No doubt. As mentioned, you can sue anybody for anything. I'd sue the thieves for stealing air.

This

Cant tell you how much stupid thuggery occurs at walters down town when they are releasing a new limited sneaker

Its footwear, i have no idea why girly men get excited about it

FTFY. I can almost understand someone maybe who has collected jordans ever since the first issue when they got them as a Christmas present as a kid or something, kind of like always wanting your first car back but in new condition and not the POS broke down thing you had.. but some of these people.. DJD

FTFY. I can almost understand someone maybe who has collected jordans ever since the first issue when they got them as a Christmas present as a kid or something, kind of like always wanting your first car back but in new condition and not the POS broke down thing you had.. but some of these people.. DJD
ok, the nostalgia angle makes some sense

Oh, and maybe related to another thread but homestyle didn't seem to have a lot of training but he sure diffused the situation!

Back
Top Bottom