Bullets fly when store owner opens fire on would-be robbers

Oh, and maybe related to another thread but homestyle didn't seem to have a lot of training but he sure diffused the situation!

He did have a spray and pray approach.

The numbers reflect that just presenting a firearm and the believable intent to use it halt "most" criminal attacks. Risk too high, moving on to easier pickings.

It's a basic law of nature. That's not lost in the concrete jungle. He could have shouted get the **** out or I'll shoot you and most of the time, especial if they see he is holding a AR-15 and crap is about to get real, will break contact and retreat, usually without a shot being fired.

More average non-gun type people should know this.

Most of the time a shot is not really required. But if it is be at least marginally trained...

Last edited:
He did have a spray and pray approach.

The numbers reflect that just presenting a firearm and the believable intent to use it halt "most" criminal attacks. Risk too high, moving on to easier pickings.

It's a basic law of nature. That's not lost in the concrete jungle. He could have shout get the **** out or I shoot you and most of the time, especial if they see he is holding a AR-15 and crap is about to get real, will break contact and retreat, usually without a shot being fired.

More average non-gun type people should know this.

Most of the time a shot is not really required. But if it is be at least marginally trained...

Rule #1, don't draw the weapon unless in fear for your or your families life and intend to use the weapon. What would have happened if he had shouted get the **** out or I shoot you and they already had their weapons drawn? he lost his edge and they could have gained the advantage and won. I don't automatically assume that you were saying thats what he should have done, but thought it should be put out there anyway for people who maybe don't know that.

I don't have "formal training" but I do practice with my firearms often and shoot competitions. I'll even pay the fee to shoot an extra gun so I can shoot my carry on a few stages to train drawing and firing and being on point with it in a scenario where I have a little adrenaline flowing. Not as much as in a life or death scenario but still, its better then being perfectly calm and practicing. I'd like to think I'm fairly proficient. I shoot fairly tight groups and am confident I can get a center mass shot on point at 25 yards with my EDC sub compact, I'm much more confident with my P226, but with its size its not exactly convenient to EDC concealed

Rule #1, don't draw the weapon unless in fear for your or your families life and intend to use the weapon. What would have happened if he had shouted get the **** out or I shoot you and they already had their weapons drawn? he lost his edge and they could have gained the advantage and won. I don't automatically assume that you were saying thats what he should have done, but thought it should be put out there anyway for people who maybe don't know that.

I don't have "formal training" but I do practice with my firearms often and shoot competitions. I'll even pay the fee to shoot an extra gun so I can shoot my carry on a few stages to train drawing and firing and being on point with it in a scenario where I have a little adrenaline flowing. Not as much as in a life or death scenario but still, its better then being perfectly calm and practicing. I'd like to think I'm fairly proficient. I shoot fairly tight groups and am confident I can get a center mass shot on point at 25 yards with my EDC sub compact, I'm much more confident with my P226, but with its size its not exactly convenient to EDC concealed

Watch the video, he had rifle drawn at the ready and behind a counter as they attempted/BE to enter his store. Not too many can outdraw a drawn gun and when that man has a rifle... He had the advantage. Marginally trained, history tells us he could handle 3 and highly trained many more.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom