• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Buying a pistol for my grandson

It is legal in Ga and most states, even California! Lol

I would suggest you contact the FFL a head of time and let them know of your plan, that way it can prevent or limit any issues the day of transfer.

It is legal in Ga and most states, even California! Lol

I would suggest you contact the FFL a head of time and let them know of your plan, that way it can prevent or limit any issues the day of transfer.

And the reason why this is a good suggestion is to ensure that the FFL is 'comfortable' with your arrangement. Don't forget that they have discretion over whether they process the transfer.

He must be 21 with valid Ga drivers license not expired with correct address on it. Else you would have to buy it, form it, gift it. You do not have to explain anything to the dealer. Typical refusals only due to drunk or smelling like weed or talking too much about doing something illegal. They will run a background check and make copies of GADL and GWCL if you have one. If you have a carry license there is no logical reason why you would not buy it and bypass the background check hassle. If buyer is delayed it will usually get a "PROCEED" just about the time you arrive back home, haha. I do this for a living and it's very simple in Georgia. Doesn't matter who ordered it or who pays the bill. The person filling out the 4473 is the buyer.

I have a much longer answer for this, that I’ll post when I have the time.

Part of it deals with the ATF acknowledgement that the question isn’t worded properly nowadays.

What do you do when there is NO purchaser? No one paid for the firearm. That is the crux of the argument that was brought to the ATF, and what forced them to acknowledge the poorly worded question.

He must be 21 with valid Ga drivers license not expired with correct address on it. Else you would have to buy it, form it, gift it. You do not have to explain anything to the dealer. Best to not be drunk or smell like weed or we would show you the door. They will run a background check on who ever buys it and make copies of GADL and GWCL if you have one. If you have a carry license there is no logical reason why you would not buy it and bypass the background check hassle. If one of you are delayed it will usually get a "PROCEED" just about the time you arrive back home, haha. I do this for a living.
If the grandson is not able to buy the gun because of the aforementioned reason, you are buying it on behalf of him. That's a straw sale. I've done this for a living as well, and as soon as I find out that someone's ID doesn't match the form, the buddy, grandpa, etc all of a sudden wants to buy it as a gift. Hell no. I'm not stupid, and I'm not risking my freedom and FFL over your ineptitude.

He must be 21 with valid Ga drivers license not expired with correct address on it. Else you would have to buy it, form it, gift it. You do not have to explain anything to the dealer. Best to not be drunk or smell like weed or we would show you the door. They will run a background check on who ever buys it and make copies of GADL and GWCL if you have one. If you have a carry license there is no logical reason why you would not buy it and bypass the background check hassle. If one of you are delayed it will usually get a "PROCEED" just about the time you arrive back home, haha. I do this for a living.

There should be questions if someone purchased and shipped a gun to an FFL but another person comes to pick it up and 4473 it.

Back
Top Bottom