• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

C&r shipping question

mo mauser

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Can an individual legally ship to a c&r holder a c&r firearm? Is this the same as an individual shipping to a FFL? If so how best to and other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have shipped to C&R holders directly.

They need a copy of your DL for their bound book.

Just get a copy of their certificate.

Use USPS, UPS or FEDEX.

Signature required.

Easy Peasy.

You don't have to supply a copy of your driver license, but you need a signed copy of their C&R. Long gun shipping is straightforward. UPS are the only ones who'll ship pistols, (or certainly used to be), and they had to go overnight. Got expensive. Could you ship a pistol another way, who knows what you can get away with.........

You don't have to supply a copy of your driver license, but you need a signed copy of their C&R. Long gun shipping is straightforward. UPS are the only ones who'll ship pistols, (or certainly used to be), and they had to go overnight. Got expensive. Could you ship a pistol another way, who knows what you can get away with.........

You can take a short gun to your local gun store, who can ship it USPS.

Even with fees it can be a cheaper option than dealing with UPS. Pays to develop a good relationship, my LGS only charges me actual postage.

You can take a short gun to your local gun store, who can ship it USPS.

Even with fees it can be a cheaper option than dealing with UPS. Pays to develop a good relationship, my LGS only charges me actual postage.

Absolutely right. The increased shipping costs really reduced the value of a C&R, I still have one, but rarely use it.

Back
Top Bottom