• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

C96 Broomhandle Mauser project

alleycat

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Cosmoline Junkie
914   0
Reaction score
Picked up an old C96 broomhandle mauser wall hanger last year to make a shadow box display. I fell in love with her but she was so used and worn and there were no signs of rifling left in the barrel. 4" off at 12 feet and the bullet never went in the same direction twice...lol. Almost all numbers matched too. At least she did still go bang.....

I sent her off to Randall Redman out in Washington state to reline the barrel and validate headspace. Just got it back after about a month and she looks amazing! You honestly cannot tell that it was worked on without disassembly and a good magnifying glass.

Thanks to BIKER13 BIKER13 for the wall hanger and to Hayata Hayata for sending me the link to Redman's Rifling & Reboring website. I can't wait to get her to the range!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

May do the same with one of mine with a local contact. Reline in 7.63 or convert to 9mm.

I stayed with 7.63 for mine. Had to ship him the barrel and bolt and he shipped them back all reworked and matched up. I replaced the worn out sear spring / hammer pivot and cleaned her up while i waited. Here are a few more pics.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 71
Just a couple more. Still need a grip screw assembly...,,was going to replace the grips altogether but the serial numbers match the gun

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom