• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all buckskinners!

I love smoke poles!! I have 1 45
2 50's
1 54
1 12 gauge Double barrel
All are hammered and Thompson Hawkins, Cept the 12 and I use Triple F Goex in all..They just sit on the wall now..Did convert all but shotgun to Firing Pin instead of the #11 Cap..No misfires now...Love those things..Free floating firing pin with using a 209 Shotgun Primer...DD

I love smoke poles!! I have 1 45
2 50's
1 54
1 12 gauge Double barrel
All are hammered and Thompson Hawkins, Cept the 12 and I use Triple F Goex in all..They just sit on the wall now..Did convert all but shotgun to Firing Pin instead of the #11 Cap..No misfires now...Love those things..Free floating firing pin with using a 209 Shotgun Primer...DD

Dang, dude! You don't shoot 'em anymore? After that first round down range (WITH ALL THAT SMOKE) you have to be hooked, and with a collection like yours? Surely there are more out there.....anyone?

Dang, dude! You don't shoot 'em anymore? After that first round down range (WITH ALL THAT SMOKE) you have to be hooked, and with a collection like yours? Surely there are more out there.....anyone?

Been doing it for over 40yrs, every once and a while I go a couple of days early to camp just before rifle season and load up the 50 don't do the 54 anymore leaves to big a hole..DD

Plan on takin' some time off this year myself just 'fer the smokepole. Got a T/C Hawkins .50, just cant get into those newfangled In-lines.... Really want a flintlock!

I got a Traditions 45cal rifle, and also have a 45cal Ruger Old Army revolver.
I need for you veterans to "show me the way".
I've been shooting and reloading for over 30 years, and truthfully, I've gotten a tad bored of the same old stuff.
Yeah, when I get a new firearm, its exciting for a while, but then it eventually falls back into the same old feeling about it all.
This is why I want to get into this more. I have started shooting a small amount of black powder shooting, and actually enjoy this new experience. Defiantly different than the normal shooting.
I need to find where you all hangout and shoot.
PLEASE count me in if anyone sets up a meet for some smokepole shooting!!!

Back
Top Bottom