• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I’m not a painter by all means, but…

Something to be proud of, you did it yourself! I painted my first tractor at 15 YOA working for my Uncle after school and summer we rebuilt a lot of them. First car was at 17 a friend’s 57 ford corvette bronze was color had two runs on back quarter and smoothed out with finger while wet and 2nd coat took care of it. Been a whole lot of water under this ole bridge since!

Something to be proud of, you did it yourself! I painted my first tractor at 15 YOA working for my Uncle after school and summer we rebuilt a lot of them. First car was at 17 a friend’s 57 ford corvette bronze was color had two runs on back quarter and smoothed out with finger while wet and 2nd coat took care of it. Been a whole lot of water under this ole bridge since!
Lol I hear ya, I’ve painted a lot of my own stuff. Never good enough for me although I got lots of compliments on my work.
This was on extreme challenge!

Is that 5.49 time for a 1/4 mile? Someone told me that they now race only 1/8th mile as the rails got so fast they would become airborne. Last time I attended a drag race was in the early 60's.

My drag bike “Roxanne” had a very old but nice looking paint job.
I said that when we made it to 5.60et I’d give her a new wardrobe. She must have wanted it bad, she went 5.49.

As I started sanding I found many many layers of paint. It looked like the last paint job was started and then they decided to “skim” it with bondo. Not only making it very heavy, it covered a lot of deep cracking in the original paint.
I probably put 20+ hours in prep on this body. I was super worried there would still be cracks and all.
Then I started spraying, I used medium reducer, which in this weather was too slow. I had numerous runs… it’s taken me all night to work out the runs (like 7hours)

But in the end it’s really looking great!View attachment 5337223View attachment 5337224View attachment 5337225View attachment 5337226View attachment 5337227
That answered my question on the other post. I thought it might be a motorcycle part

Back
Top Bottom