• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Calling all Glockophiles

woodstock

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
INCARCERATED. DO NOT FEED
77   0
Reaction score
Ok I'm slowly moving toward the "buy the ugly gun" thing because all yall just can't stop saying good things about them.

Would like some info on which 9mm Glock compact to buy for CC-and where to buy.
I might try trading for it, but might just buy new.

Drumroll- Your Opinions please!

For what its worth, Glock only makes one 9mm compact, the G19.

Secondly, the frame size you choose should not be based on public opinion, but rather on your specific needs, ie hand size, wardrobe, body contour, etc. Go try them out and see what works best for you.

I carry a 4th Gen 19 in a Comptac Minotaur.

I really like my Glock 33 in 357 SIG.. it's the lil baby glock that makes a really impressive KA-BANGGGG. And it's OD green, so it's worth at least $1500. :lol:

One good thing about the 33 also is that you can swap a barrel for 125 bucks and shoot .40 also.

Is there a particular reason you want 9mm?

Why go with the 9mm and HAVE to put high dollar hollow points in to be able to possibly get a knock down on your attacker? Get a G30 and put any .45 ammo in it and be assured that the round will knock your attacker down AND away from you...

Why go with the 9mm and HAVE to put high dollar hollow points in to be able to possibly get a knock down on your attacker? Get a G30 and put any .45 ammo in it and be assured that the round will knock your attacker down AND away from you...

G30 for the win!

There is no handgun caliber commonly carried for self-defense that is guaranteed to stop an attacker.
If it did, everyone would carry it.
There is a reason why the G-19 is the predominant firearm carried by professionals & civilians who carry concealed.
If it fits your hand, it would be a good gun to start with.
If you decide later that you don't like it, the resale is good & you shouldn't have a problem moving it.

There's no such thing as "knockdown" power. Physics 101.

Back
Top Bottom