• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Calling all Ruger 10/22 gurus

You can find alot of parts for a 10/22 on ebay or gun broker. Best bet to keep you overhead down. Buy factory take offs if someone is willing to sale. (I know thats what ur asking for) . As for triggers. Learn to do trigger job urself (extremely easy!! ) Youtube. The only part thats hard to find obviously is the receiver itself. But here a link to the cheapest one I found . Good luck . If I can help with advice or tips. Pm me. I've built 100's of them over the past 20+ years.

Ruger 10/22 receiver , NEW factory stripped receiver 22LR with scope mount - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 974360713

Or this one at Brownells.
You are correct on the factory take offs, exactly what I am looking for. And yes trying to keep the price down for the most part. If I wanted to spend out a ton of money I would just buy one complete with upgrades.

Nah, brownells has the standard receiver on Sale for $80, the version with the built in rail is $140.
Get the standard receiver and find a $10 rail.

I suggest buying a Charger receiver,
or a receiver that is not designated as either a rifle or pistol and you declare it to be a pistol as you build it. Get a pistol-grip only stock (or modify a rifle stock into a pistol grip only version) and build the gun as a pistol first, then it can be interchangeable as a rifle or as a pistol depending on how you want to configure it (just don't ever have a shoulder stock on it while a short barrel is in place.)
Not a bad thought. But I think I will keep it as a rifle.

By the time you get a complete receiver, you will have spent the price of the complete rifle. Try to find guys selling their stock “take off parts” . You might have better luck on a 10/22 page.

I've seen these skeletonized
Dragunov-style stocks selling used
for as little as $25 .

I think cutting one down on both the forend and the back end would make a good Ruger Charger pistol stock on the cheap.

I have a well-worn and hacksawed-down 16.2 inch 10/22 rifle barrel that I could sell you cheap ($25) and you could cut that down to make a pistol length Charger barrel.

33D4F39D-3D9E-42F8-A3B9-5186B1613F21.jpeg

2B7A11E4-B315-4E86-AEF7-B207B85FD913.jpeg

By the time you get a complete receiver, you will have spent the price of the complete rifle. Try to find guys selling their stock “take off parts” . You might have better luck on a 10/22 page.
Very good insight. OP, I'd suggest a budget or else you'll understand why some guys have $500,$1000 10/22s.

Very good insight. OP, I'd suggest a budget or else you'll understand why some guys have $500,$1000 10/22s.
O trust me I know. And I'm not really ready to jump down that rabbit hole just yet. Just back to factory working conditions. If I can get it back to that point with $400 or less invested I would be tickled.

I've seen these skeletonized
Dragunov-style stocks selling used
for as little as $25 .

I think cutting one down on both the forend and the back end would make a good Ruger Charger pistol stock on the cheap.

I have a well-worn and hacksawed-down 16.2 inch 10/22 rifle barrel that I could sell you cheap ($25) and you could cut that down to make a pistol length Charger barrel.

View attachment 5457811

View attachment 5457812
Okay now you got me thinking!!!!

Okay now you got me thinking!!!!

But, legally you cannot do this starting with a 10/22 rifle receiver, you've got to have a charger receiver or a virgin receiver that's never been assembled as a rifle.

That's why the O.P. is in a unique position to do this --because he's in the market for a receiver, and if he ends up getting a new stripped bare receiver it'll be free to build up as he sees fit.

Back
Top Bottom