• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Calling the legal beagles

captdave77

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The ODT's official HVAC guy
109   0
Reaction score
@heavyd @Cobalt 60 @N Cochran

It is as good of a time as any to make a plan for when the ATF knocks on your door. I collect guns and buy quite a few through only a couple of FFLs. Say I got a wild hair and bought 10 Anderson lowers (I did not) when they went on sale and the FFL was audited.

The ATF, wanting to assure the public safety, decides to stop by and say hello. I have nothing to hide and all of my gun sales are perfectly legal. Any buys, sells, or trades have been done to improve my collection.

Do I run to the safe, grab the lowers and show them to the agent? Do I tell them to come back with a warrant? Do I politely say "I don't remember every serial number but you are welcome to speak to my attorney"? Do I yell "I am a sovereign citizen and you have no right to be here" while wearing my armadillo helmet?

Last edited:

It is as good of a time as any to make a plan for when the ATF knocks on your door. I collect guns and buy quite a few through only a couple of FFLs. Say I got a wild hair and bought 10 Anderson lowers (I did not) when they went on sale and the FFL was audited.

The ATF, wanting to assure the public safety, decides to stop by and say hello. I have nothing to hide and all of my gun sales are perfectly legal. Any buys, sells, or trades have been done to improve my collection.

Do I run to the safe, grab the lowers and show them to the agent? Do I tell them to come back with a warrant? Do I politely say "I don't remember every serial number but you are welcome to speak to my attorney"? Do I yell "I am a sovereign citizen and you have no right ti be here" while wearing my armadillo helmut?

the last one!

Do I yell "I am a sovereign citizen and you have no right ti be here" while wearing my armadillo helmut?

I'm voting this one Dave. :) If anyone can pull it off it's you. Probably help if you're only wearing dirty looking tighty whitey underwear and the helmet.

Do I run to the safe, grab the lowers and show them to the agent? Do I tell them to come back with a warrant? Do I politely say "I don't remember every serial number but you are welcome to speak to my attorney"? Do I yell "I am a sovereign citizen and you have no right to be here" while wearing my armadillo helmet?

1.If they ask to see them and you still have them..yes.
2.My guess would be they have a warrant in the car w your name on it(friend of mine had this scenario)
3.They arn't interested in speaking TO your attorney(not the way it works)..They speak to YOU..your attorney speaks FOR you..
4.If you think it helps your case..sure,why not.

Back
Top Bottom