• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Calling the legal beagles

An avid/active poster on what is probably the country's BEST trading website?

There won't be a knock on the door. You will awake in the middle of the night to FLASH-Bangs going off and lasers pointed at your chest.

They will allow you to post about it only to warn your fellow felons and then ODT will be shut down.

And I'm an optimist...

:p

An avid/active poster on what is probably the country's BEST trading website?

There won't be a knock on the door. You will awake in the middle of the night to FLASH-Bangs going off and lasers pointed at your chest.

They will allow you to post about it only to warn your fellow felons and then ODT will be shut down.

And I'm an optimist...

:p
You may be right brother! Stay ready.
pulpitandpen.org_wp_content_uploads_2015_08_smoking_gun.jpg

First, it is perfectly legal for them to knock on your door and ask to see the items.

It is just as perfectly legal for you to decline.

In order to get a search warrant, probable cause of a crime must be established. Probable cause that you possess the items at the location in question would also have to be established.

Merely to come see if you have the items is NOT grounds for a search warrant.

1.If they ask to see them and you still have them..yes.
2.My guess would be they have a warrant in the car w your name on it(friend of mine had this scenario)
3.They arn't interested in speaking TO your attorney(not the way it works)..They speak to YOU..your attorney speaks FOR you..
4.If you think it helps your case..sure,why not.
1. BS
2. BS
3. BS
4. BS

In summary, BS.

Speaking to the ATF, or any other law enforcement, NEVER helps you. It's a bad idea 100% of the time.
The moment they hear the sound of your voice, you've just begun a possible trip to prison.
Remain silent and give your lawyer a better chance of getting you out of trouble in court.

It really doesn't work that way.

Unless you are doing something that constitutes an immediate threat to the public welfare (modifying receivers to full auto, making an explosive device) you are much more likely to receive a letter stating that you are the "subject" of an investigation, and inviting you to come down and talk to them. The letter will even tell what crimes you are being investigated for.

By the time you get that letter, you can pretty well be assured that your arse is grass, because they have you on film, on tape, on line, and statements from everyone you ever did business with, copies of all your financial records, and of course, all of your cell phone records.

If you ever do get a knock on the door, there really is only one thing to say, and that is "I want to talk with my lawyer." At the point, you aren't nearly as smart as you thought you were or they wouldn't be there, and absolutely nothing you say is going to make them go away.

Back
Top Bottom