• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can anyone recommend a lower end RC car?

Regular or vxl? Looks like if you want to really upgrade in the future it makes more sense to get the vxl.
If it's in the budget get brushless in whatever you get. He will eventually get bored with a brushed motor. Put a lipo battery in that thing when he gets good at driving and it will pop wheelies.

If it's in the budget get brushless in whatever you get. He will eventually get bored with a brushed motor. Put a lipo battery in that thing when he gets good at driving and it will pop wheelies.

So a $330 vxl is the best bang for the buck plus a $50 charger? $400 is a long way from the $50 Raptor lol.

So a $330 vxl is the best bang for the buck plus a $50 charger? $400 is a long way from the $50 Raptor lol.
Ha ha yep. Now if you want to just get something for him to play with on a budget get a slash. $189 plus a $50 charger. It will have its limitations but a good starter r/c. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.
ETA or the brushed rustler

Ha ha yep. Now if you want to just get something for him to play with on a budget get a slash. $189 plus a $50 charger. It will have its limitations but a good starter r/c. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.
ETA or the brushed rustler

It's confusing. The Stampede is a monster truck that seems the same as the Slash and basic Rustler as far as brushed motor and capabilities.

Holy smoke here we go. Another hobby/addiction coming on.
Next thing you know you guys will be telling him about the informal run what you brung pop up races that happen in lighted parking lots all over the state on Friday and Saturday nights.
Me? I love the smell of Nitro..... used to have a blast with the sons back in the day.
We'd go out in the evening with a box full of "Toys" parts and fuel on weekends even when they were young and wouldn't come home till after midnight. great team sport for a father and his kids. Think RC street outlaws :). fully adjustable suspensions,multi speed transmissions, great learning experience for all involved. LOL
Nitro loves cold weather, so lean it out and watch em fly. :)

(Well it looks like lower end went out the window a while ago LOL)

Holy smoke here we go. Another hobby/addiction coming on.
Next thing you know you guys will be telling him about the informal run what you brung pop up races that happen in lighted parking lots all over the state on Friday and Saturday nights.
Me? I love the smell of Nitro..... used to have a blast with the sons back in the day.
We'd go out in the evening with a box full of "Toys" parts and fuel on weekends even when they were young and wouldn't come home till after midnight. great team sport for a father and his kids. Think RC street outlaws :). fully adjustable suspensions,multi speed transmissions, great learning experience for all involved. LOL
Nitro loves cold weather, so lean it out and watch em fly. :)

(Well it looks like lower end went out the window a while ago LOL)

Lol, yeah I'm leaving towards electric. My neighbor has a nitro and can literally never get the thing to run. I'm also not handy at all, so I'm definitely looking for an RTR. This is also for a 7 year old. Sure, I want him to be able to grow into it but not go crazy out the gate. One nice feature of the Traxxas models is you can put them in 50% mode, which might be smart.

Back
Top Bottom