• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I put forward grips on my AR57 Pistol?

funkytechmonkey

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
68   0
Reaction score
I got this pistol from a fellow ODT member but it did not come with the forward grips that are in the picture. I was asking about getting one last night in the range and the guy was telling me it could be illegal for me to do that. Does anyone know for sure?

1345163484_0.JPG

In before the "That letter wasn't written to you and is only applicable to the person to whom it was written at that time for that weapon so if you want to put something like that on an AR pistol you're flirting with prison rape" response.

So you're the one that got that! Jealous...

Yes sir.... the wife and I took it to the range last night and put about 80 rounds through it. O - M - G... this thing is super sweet! (I just typed OMG..LOL) (d*#nit and LOL). I have never shot anything so sweet. Its a ton of fun.

AFG which is what is on the gun in that picture is legal on a pistol.

I will have to get me another one. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks for posting that.

In before the "That letter wasn't written to you and is only applicable to the person to whom it was written at that time for that weapon so if you want to put something like that on an AR pistol you're flirting with prison rape" response.

Lol, like constructive intent only applies to Thompson Center firearms?

Although not the question asked, here is the BATF response to adding a handgrip to a hand gun.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2006/04/041006-openletter-nfa-adding-vertical-fore-grip.html

What is unusual about this "open letter" is that the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal has specifically rejected this position. BATF has refused to "recognize" this decision, and refused to appeal to the US Supreme Court. There is no reason to suspect that any other court would not arrive at the same conclusion as the Fifth Circuit, as the decision is based upon the plain language of Gun Control Act of 1968. Note that in its letter, BATF totally fails to mention this case, stating instead that "BATF has long held" -- yeah, but they held wrong.

Back
Top Bottom