• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can someone school me on the different shotgun gauges?

Oh, yeah...BTW, the "Standard Payload" in a Four Gauge is gonna' be FOUR Ounces, and in a Two Gauge--EIGHT Ounces! I don't wanna' shoot EITHER from MY Shoulder!!!...LOL!....mikey357

right that is what I mean you can do anything with a shotgun, but what specifics or characteristics make a shotgun be more useful for home defense, than a skeet\bird hunting shotgun. for example a Mossberg 88. I know it can be used for home defense but is it also good enough for skeet shooting, or duck hunting?

I had a Maverick not too long ago, it was the 8 shot security model. They can be skeet/ bird guns but, I'd go with a minimum 24 inch barrel and downsize your magazine to 5. 7 shot mag sounds good but, you need the right barrels and those are hard to come by.(Besides what are two more 00 shells gonna do that the first five didnt?) So get you and 18 inch barrel for hd and swap it out for a 28" barrel with accuchoke for when you go sporting.

While down in FL, all the big stores like BassPro and ganders have plenty of shotguns and rifles in stock but low stock on handguns and ammo. I didn't get a chance to visit any local gun stores. My wife wants her Beretta px4 storm subcompact 9mm before I can buy a shotgun or a glock 27. Hope I can find her one soon.

Hello all, So I been told by that a Mossberg shotgun are better to accessorize then a Remington shotgun, meaning you can find more accessories for a Mossberg 500 then an equivalent Remington, is this true?

Back
Top Bottom