• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can they tax?

I know politicians would love to see some kind of extra tax, but I have a hard time trying to figure out how they could justify it. If a seller has no physical location in your state, I don't know what entity they would be taxing. How can you tax something that doesn't exist in your state? How would the online merchant even pay it without filing taxes in all 50 states? It would be a mess.

Yeah I been noticing if I purchase something online thats not in GA, I get away with no tax... Some do some don't just depends on the company that you buy from like person states from Costco or something thats a national wide company.

Thats why I buy most of my guns online but Cherokee gun and Pawn been good lately with price matching and out the door prices with cash payment. I guess thats one way to prevent additional fees like credit cards and bounce checks :p

I want some of this gubment tax. Might start taxing y'all here on the ODT for all my expert advice!
Also would be payable in tacos too!!!

House Bill 386 was the only big tax reform that passed this year. Biggest change is that auto sales will no longer be charged Sales & Use tax...a new tax will replace ad valorem...and sales tax...but it will apply to ALL auto sales used or new....so if you sell a used car (titled in your name)...the buyer has to pay the new "fee", when they register it at the county tag office..

Back
Top Bottom