• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

can you carry at the punchline in ATL?

poopdaddy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
498   0
Reaction score
guys just like the title, I have been trying to call them all week. we are leaving at 6:30 to go up there. I don't know if I can carry, its a club that serves alcohol and food, but I am not sure if its a bar.... need help asap
thanks
BOB

I've gone a few times. If you get there earlier you can usually park on the back side of the lot away from the valet side. It's kind of dark over there but id say its just as safe as having someone inside the vehicle valet parking it.. Enjoy yourself. Who is there? I went a few years back and saw Bill Burr (white guy from the Chapelle Show) and a few other guys like Billy Gardell and Mike Speenberg. Speenberg was brutal to a bridal party there.. actual was funny at first but then he crossed the line..

There is a bar in chili's but you can (legally) carry there... This is a question that often comes up as to what is a "bar" here is the code:
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]'Bar' means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets.

But also by the code:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]A person shall be guilty of carrying a weapon or long gun in an unauthorized location and punished[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]as for a misdemeanor when he or she carries a weapon or long gun while:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In a bar, unless the owner of the bar permits the carrying of weapons or long guns by license[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]holders;

[/FONT]So I look at it this way, if their main goal is to sale booze I don't carry there. If there is any chance in hell a drop of alcohol might touch my lips... I don't carry there.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

yep
i don't drink at all. i just carry all the time. i also carry a large weapon so the conceal thing is kinda hard. i always tuck it under my shirt, but you can tell its there..
thanks for the help, i just locked it in the car...

There is a bar in chili's but you can (legally) carry there... This is a question that often comes up as to what is a "bar" here is the code:
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]'Bar' means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets.

But also by the code:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]A person shall be guilty of carrying a weapon or long gun in an unauthorized location and punished[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]as for a misdemeanor when he or she carries a weapon or long gun while:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In a bar, unless the owner of the bar permits the carrying of weapons or long guns by license[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]holders;

[/FONT]So I look at it this way, if their main goal is to sale booze I don't carry there. If there is any chance in hell a drop of alcohol might touch my lips... I don't carry there.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Okay. Good for you.

Many people, however, can consume without over indulging and don't feel the need to sacrifice personal security to have a couple beers.

yep
i don't drink at all. i just carry all the time. i also carry a large weapon so the conceal thing is kinda hard. i always tuck it under my shirt, but you can tell its there..
thanks for the help, i just locked it in the car...

Maybe a second, smaller gun for times like this would work for you.

It is not illegal to carry if the primary purpose of the establishment is not the sale of alcohol or a place of worship or a govt. building.

Back
Top Bottom