• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Can you draw from concealment...in less than ideal positions?

No. My carry gun stays in my holster . My back up pistol stays in my pocket and I have a car gun I keep handy when on the road and hidden when I'm not traveling . I practice shooting from my vehicles from time to time. Just takes practice
IMG_5433.JPG

Hell, these days I'm doing great if I can whip it out pee from just an unzipped fly without cutting myself on the zipper. Old age sucks.
Hey take it slow. Nice & smooth. Youngsters these days are stupid. They won't expect a nice older fellow to be grabbing for a .45 and not his wallet

If you can’t draw your weapon with either hand from any position you may find yourself in, I would submit that your carry location is suboptimal

He may be right about less than optimal. Many people fantasize about needing the ability to draw and return fire. I don't, I am no longer a LEO and don't need to have that capacity. I deep carry a subcompact.45. If I'm going to be shooting, If and when I shoot, it will be the last surprise of their lives.

I am almost 60 and have carried most of my adult life. I never had to discharge my weapon on the job or in self defense.

It seems to me that some people don't have the proper situational awareness and naively wander into a situation that they could have avoided. I am perfectly happy to know that I have it and nobody else will ever know until it's too late.

If you can’t draw your weapon with either hand from any position you may find yourself in, I would submit that your carry location is suboptimal

He may be right about less than optimal. Many people fantasize about needing the ability to draw and return fire. I don't, I am no longer a LEO and don't need to have that capacity. I deep carry a subcompact.45. If I'm going to be shooting, If and when I shoot, it will be the last surprise of their lives.

I am almost 60 and have carried most of my adult life. I never had to discharge my weapon on the job or in self defense.

It seems to me that some people don't have the proper situational awareness and naively wander into a situation that they could have avoided. I am perfectly happy to know that I have it and nobody else will ever know until it's too late.
It's true. I hear people every day who don't even know what highway , direction or exit they are near . I don't know how some people are still alive

Hey take it slow. Nice & smooth. Youngsters these days are stupid. They won't expect a nice older fellow to be grabbing for a .45 and not his wallet
We don't have any thug s*** going on up here in Blue Ridge. My main SD worry is rabid foxes and raccoons. Even the black bears don't mess with us.

Back
Top Bottom