• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can You Still Get Lowenbrau in Georgia?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay I will axe the Beer Snobs on here a simple question. Can you still find Lowenbrau in GA? And I already assume that you high dollar beer guys are sneering and snorting in derision. I mean it IS a mess produced beer. But in your trips to the package store and the Kroger beer aisle to pick up your Shock Top,Sweetwater etc. maybe you spotted some Lowenbrau out of the corner of your eye. I live in middle GA but have to make deliveries in the Atlanta area frequently.

When I was 15 I thought Lowenbrau Dark Special and Heineken were THE best beers in the world. But the last time I drank a Heineken it was awful. It was bitter. But the worst thing was the smell. I opened it in the car on the way home (on the passenger side) and my wife said it smelled like a skunk. And it really did. But I want to give the 'Brau another shot if I can get it.

When I lived in Forsyth the Ingle's grocery store had it. But I swear they had the same two 6 packs the whole time I lived up there. So I wondered about freshness. I may have to go back up to Forsyth to look. That is just out of the range of the local Macon area beer vendors.

If you want "skunk" drink a Molson or Moosehead. If I have to drink Canadian beer, give me a Labatt's Blue. Miller bought the Lowenbrau brand over 30 years ago.

If you want "skunk" drink a Molson or Moosehead. If I have to drink Canadian beer, give me a Labatt's Blue. Miller bought the Lowenbrau brand over 30 years ago.
Yeah, I tried Moosehead in the late 80s. It was awful.
If there's no Lowenbrau left around I may have to go back and revisit Beck's. It's been so long I can't remember.
Oh and I'll tell you what is REALLY bad lately is Michelob. In the 90s it was the uptown beer for lounge lizards and trailer trash. And it had a nice sorta rich wheaty taste to it. Not anymore. Somewhere along the line AB must have pulled a "New Coke" and screwed it up good.

If there's no Lowenbrau left around I may have to go back and revisit Beck's. It's been so long I can't remember.
Oh and I'll tell you what is REALLY bad lately is Michelob. In the 90s it was the uptown beer for lounge lizards and trailer trash. And it had a nice sorta rich wheaty taste to it. Not anymore. Somewhere along the line AB must have pulled a "New Coke" and screwed it up good.

Try Beck's Black Sapphire, I like it.

Oh and I'll tell you what is REALLY bad lately is Michelob. In the 90s it was the uptown beer for lounge lizards and trailer trash. And it had a nice
sorta rich wheaty taste to it. Not anymore. Somewhere along the line AB must have pulled a "New Coke" and screwed it up good.

lounge lizards....aaahhhh, if I only had a dollar for every michelib lite I bought those blonde fluzzies from 89 to 93.....

Back
Top Bottom