• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cant decide on barrel.

jdh4376

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
I have been running a 10.5 ,but have been thinking hard about a 11.5 or 12.5 .What length have yall been running on your sbr's ? Just wondering if anyone has gone up an inch or 2 ,and noticed much diff in accuracy ?

Can't say. Haven't shot the first round through either sbr upper I have. I can't even remember the barrel lengths.

I have a 10.5" LMT, and I picked up one of the 12" PSA uppers. Accuracy wise you probably will not see a difference (all things being equal), but you will have a velocity increase. I bought the 10.5" last year to hunt open spaces out to 125 yards. Now my new suppressor will ride on the 10.5" permanently, and I will use the 12" for hunting open spaces when I do not use my AK. Both barrels are sighted in at 50 yards, and with the ammo I was using, I was not too concerned with velocity for taking medium sized game out to 300 yards.

I run an 11.5 because they are generally less picky than the 10.5. As far as accuracy goes, you're not going to notice much difference with a chrome lined barrel in any of those lengths. However, an acquaintance of mine has been able to get some impressive accuracy out of a Noveske Stainless steel barrel in 12.5. If you're looking for a blaster, stick with chrome lined. If you want a compact, do-all gun, then maybe the Noveske is your ticket. Keep in mind though that ammo + optics is going to play the biggest role here. Running a red dot and ball ammo isn't going to do you much good in the accuracy department.

I run an 11.5 because they are generally less picky than the 10.5. As far as accuracy goes, you're not going to notice much difference with a chrome lined barrel in any of those lengths. However, an acquaintance of mine has been able to get some impressive accuracy out of a Noveske Stainless steel barrel in 12.5. If you're looking for a blaster, stick with chrome lined. If you want a compact, do-all gun, then maybe the Noveske is your ticket. Keep in mind though that ammo + optics is going to play the biggest role here. Running a red dot and ball ammo isn't going to do you much good in the accuracy department.
your 11.5 is easily the smoothest rifle in 5.56 I've ever touched....it's amazing

Back
Top Bottom