• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cant the DOD just **** off already?

I'm betting that started in another agency and was "encouraged" to be studied by the DoD. Maybe in the new all women, kinder, gentler infantry they can go tobacco free along with their biodegradable tampons.

Last edited:
I'm betting that started in another agency and was "encouraged" to be studied by the DoD. Maybe in the new all women, kinder, gentler infantry they can go tobacco free along with their biodegradable tampons.
Ha Ha :thumb: From a four pack a day smoker while in combat. I don't see this working out very well for them. I'd take the court marshall and quit.

Not seeing much logic in we'll put you in harms way where you may risk your life but no way can you buy smokes or a large coke.

as a former smoker, I can say it is a stupid idea. If any of you were in, do you remember training exercises when you ran out of smokes and there was always "that guy" willing to sell you a cigarette for $1

I can see this happening on ships or anywhere for that matter. Non Smokers packing cigs in their bags to sell when the smokers run out.

Its just another step in having a more tolerant, Kinder, Gentler, Socially Except-able Military. Stop cigarette sales but, allow a gender neutral person time off to get married to a same sex person, right?

I am Glad I retired from the Army after my 20 years. I don't think I could stand in front of a Platoon of soldiers as a leader again, knowing there were Gender Neutrals in my platoon. Hell, I started smoking in Basic Training back when Drinking Beer, Smoking, and getting into Bar Fights was expected and considered normal soldier activity.

3 Packs a day for over 40yrs here! This Saturday will be 6 weeks since I quit. In Nam we could by a carton on base for $1.10 yes a whole carton. Also K rations use to come with a pack of, if I remember correct 4 smokes.

And the social experiment continues. These people in high places will not rest until they have complete control over EVERY aspect of everyone's life.

during my short stint the smoke pit was the same as the water cooler at an office

about the only time i really mingled with everyone in my unit

Back
Top Bottom