• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cant the DOD just **** off already?

Well we better maker sure the commander and chief dose not smoke anymore, and make sure he can't smoke on Government property while were at as well...

I can state beyond a shadow of a doubt that he still sneaks away for a cigarette little a little teenager hiding from his parents-fact. If government is one thing it's hypocrisy in action.

DOD has always been a proving ground for social engineering.

This doesn't make sense. When I enlisted, smoking was allowed in offices and the maintenance support shops. When I left, you could only smoke in designated smoking areas. Service member's budgets are tight already. Now, let's force them to spend more for their smokes.

DOD has always been a proving ground for social engineering.

This doesn't make sense. When I enlisted, smoking was allowed in offices and the maintenance support shops. When I left, you could only smoke in designated smoking areas. Service member's budgets are tight already. Now, let's force them to spend more for their smokes.

They probably figured how much money that is lost in revenue by selling untaxed products on military bases. Now they can collect more money through taxing more tobacco. That should help the deficit crisis.

It seems like they are focusing on the soldiers health now and down the road more than taxing them for the cigs. There are a lot of smoke related illnesses that end up costing the insurance companies millions down the road. Don't get me wrong, I ain't defending the legalize racket the Insurance Industry is but I guess they're trying to cut out the voluntary smoking by soldiers. I don't know you're damn if you do, damned if you don't. My dad was a Marine and he said the cigs were just a stress reliever pretty much for him and his units back in Vietnam. I think it's just a money grab. Why punish the soldiers. Let 'em be.

Back
Top Bottom