Car Cover

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Well, it breaks my heart to say it but we are about to close in half of our carport and that means my Bronco is getting evicted. Back out into the sun and rain she goes. Really hurts me to do it, but I think the advantages of closing in that half of the carport outweigh the disadvantages of no longer being able to park my baby under cover. As a backup, I have been thinking that I will get a car cover to put over it to help protect it. So, my Bronco is by no means a show quality vehicle, nor does it have a nice paint job to protect. My main concern is with water leaking in the doors and tailgate, around the old windows seals, causing potential water/rust issues. I admit, this is probably extreme and anyone who saw it would probably laugh at my concern but it is my baby and just something I want to do to try and preserve it. Did a quick google search and was overwhelmed with the number of available covers out there in the market and I wanted to see if anyone had a brand of cover they would recommend. Thanks in advance for your input.

I buy the cheap @$40 grey ones off eBay. They seem water proof when not parked under cover but I try to limit it. You have to tie them down as they seem more prone to catching air over the more breathable covers.

Just an input....if you go with a cloth type cover, you will need to get their top end in my experience. The lower priced ones work great to repel water for a little while....like 3 months. Then the water repellent chemical wears out with the weather/sun and starts to let moisture/rain through it....covers like Rain-X, etc.
What I've done in the past is get an economical cloth cover so that the surface can "breath" and then cover it with a plastic/nylon tarp from Lowe's or Home Depot. The brown/silver tarp will last a year or so and is cheap.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Shelter...al-Grade-Slip-Fit-Steel-Frame-25757/202934556
10 ft. W x 20 ft. D Max AP All-Purpose, 6-Leg Canopy in White with Industrial-Grade, Slip-Fit Steel Frame

$140.39
shelterlogic-car-canopies-25757-64_1000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom