• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Truck bed tonneau cover recommendations?

Outlier

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
I'm looking at maybe getting a hard tonneau cover for my Frontier. This is my first venture in to tonneau covers. I believe I would want a hard cover for theft deterrence. I do have a locking tailgate. What has been your experience? Any recommendations or brands to shy away from?

I’ve had several different ones. I like the roll ups but they take up a good bit of room. I would suggest figuring out your priorities (security, dry, space etc) first and then go from there. I’ve had five or six different ones and I can tell you pros and cons on each. Feel free to reach out if you would like to discuss

Ive used the Bakflip MX4 on multiple trucks the better part of the last decade. Highly recommend.

Another vote for the BAKflip MX4. Had my first one for seven years. Wife and I just installed the second one on my new (to me) truck. Looks great and is pretty much watertight if installed properly.

20240402_171056.jpg

After a night of heavy thunderstorms. No leaks.
20240403_070837.jpg

Right after going through a high pressure car wash. Just slight leakage at the tailgate corners. And that might be opening the tailgate right after the wash.
20240403_152650.jpg

Have owned 3 bakflip MX4s over the years and they continue to be my favorite. My current truck I bought a backflip revolver x4s as I had been wanting to try one and I figured on my long bed it might even be better than the MX4 since the folders get a bit heavy on the 8ft beds.

After 2 months I can report back that I hate the x4s and wish I had stuck with the MX4.

Back
Top Bottom