• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

car insurance

We have Travelers. Was the cheapest option. I recently hit a deer in a 2003 crown Vic, the appraisal for repair was $275 away from a total. The rep gave me the option to total or not. I decided to total. Had a check in 3 days.

I have travelers for this year. I pretty much switch every year since the independent agent shops around for me and I do zero work and get a cheap rate.

None of the companies are as good as they used to be.
USAA, if you are ex millitary. Amica if you are not.
Clark Howard just did a piece and they were the top two.
You can stack your uninsured motorists coverage with both.
This means you multiply the limits of coverage times the number of cars on the policy. Get add on or excess
Uninsured motorist coverage. You may pay more up front but you will get a rebate later because they are mutual companies. Put your homeowners with your automobile. Look at getting an umbrella policy. Bigger limits but less premium.
This comes from someone who deals with insurance companies every day. I agree that you need to pick the
least of the bad. I have had Amica for about 30 years and I can't say they have treated me badly. Hopefully
You get what you pay for. A lot of the low ball
Companies start out looking for a reason not to pay
first.

None of the companies are as good as they used to be.
USAA, if you are ex millitary. Amica if you are not.
Clark Howard just did a piece and they were the top two.
You can stack your uninsured motorists coverage with both.
This means you multiply the limits of coverage times the number of cars on the policy. Get add on or excess
Uninsured motorist coverage. You may pay more up front but you will get a rebate later because they are mutual companies. Put your homeowners with your automobile. Look at getting an umbrella policy. Bigger limits but less premium.
This comes from someone who deals with insurance companies every day. I agree that you need to pick the
least of the bad. I have had Amica for about 30 years and I can't say they have treated me badly. Hopefully
You get what you pay for. A lot of the low ball
Companies start out looking for a reason not to pay
first.

I'm sure Amica is good...but then again they better be. They were about 2-1/2 times as expensive as Liberty...so they better replace my car every time it gets scratched!

I checked with Amica a couple of months ago. I had heard Clark Howard talking about them. Well, with four cars and two houses to insure I figured I could save a lot of money. No accidents. No claims. Perfect credit. So, I spend 30 minutes on the phone with a rep, and they were about $1200 a year more than what I am paying. Geez, what a waste of time.

I checked with Amica a couple of months ago. I had heard Clark Howard talking about them. Well, with four cars and two houses to insure I figured I could save a lot of money. No accidents. No claims. Perfect credit. So, I spend 30 minutes on the phone with a rep, and they were about $1200 a year more than what I am paying. Geez, what a waste of time.

Exactly my experience with them. I shopped everyone I could find when it came time to add my 17YO daughter to our policy. Liberty came in just under $3000 for my 5 cars...Amica was $5400. Needless to say they didn't earn my business...

Watch out for Liberty's "accident forgiveness" coverage...what they don't tell you clearly is that coverage doesn't kick in until you have been with them a year, then it only applies if the person who has the accident is an "experienced driver". Well, my daughter had her one and only accident about two weeks after she got her license. Totaled both cars involved. Liberty took care of us...and then hit us with a modest rate increase (as expected). 15 months AFTER the accident, they slap on an additional $450 "incident fee" that would stay on the policy for 5 years until the accident dropped off my daughter's record. The total increase for the one wreck was close to $700 a year. When I switched back to Travelers, our premiums went back to exactly what we were paying Liberty before the accident. Here's the kicker - while the accident does show on my daughter's record...she has no points at all on her record. So Liberty was doing nothing but trying to recover their loss on the vehicles...

Auto Owners cant be beat IF you have a superior driving record and excellent credit like myself :becky:
My parents had auto owners for 37 years with no claims

They made two small claims for fender benders in two years
They got cancelled

Don't feel loyal to your car ins co
They all will cash your check the instant it arrives and will do everything they possibly can to delay and deny paying any claim you ever file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom