• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

carry on faa property?

The only exception here, are military bases, you can have a CC weapon at Gordon and at Benning, but not at Dobbins AFB.
Are you sure about Gordon and Benning?I know about Dobbins.I`m retired AF but don`t use the Dobbins or any other BX,PX,or anything else,due to the firearms rules.I read an article about Ft.Stewart,concerning a bunch of hoops to jump through to get to hunt there,ie registering your hunting guns.It takes 2 trips there,without a gun,just to get one registered.Does Benning have a website to see the base regs?

I think the key here is that you can have a search at any time on FAA property. The 4th amendment doesn't apply (at least not in terms of them needing a warrant.) Of course you could always refuse a search, but if you are an employee I would imagine they would fire you for refusing.

Most all large (and medium) employers now have something in their employee manuals about this as well. I know they would absolutely fire me where I work if I had a gun in the car. It is in the manual.

Big difference between constitutional "rights" and what am employer can fire you for.

Last edited:
My next door neighbor literally is the Chattahoochee National Forest and Lake Blue Ridge. The only thing I can't do on that land is cut down a tree or dig up a plant. I can camp, fish, hunt, shoot without any formal permission. They even have a free to the public boat ramp around the corner from me. They do not allow 4 wheelers or dirt bikes. Camp sites have to be cleared out after 7 days I think but the public camp area with water and electricity has been shut down...so camping up here is actual camping.

The lake is a TVA lake:

E. CAMPING BEHAVOIR

1.FIREWORKS AND ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PROHIBITED.
2.FIREARMS ARE ALLOWED ONLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAW AND REGULATIONS

TVA campgrounds may receive use by hunters during hunting season. While firearms and weapons are generally prohibited, possession of firearms and other weapons associated with in-season hunting excursions are permissible if they are unloaded and properly cased. Possession of firearms at TVA public boat ramps (and associated roads and parking areas when used in conjunction with a boat ramp) is allowed if the possession complies with the law of the state where the boat ramp is located and is not otherwise prohibited by law. Otherwise firearms and weapons are prohibited.

http://www.tva.gov/river/recreation/rules.htm

The only exception here, are military bases, you can have a CC weapon at Gordon and at Benning, but not at Dobbins AFB.

100% WRONG!

Straight from Fort Bennings Web Site:

"WEAPONS REGISTRATION
Reference: MCOE Regulation 190-11 and AR 190-11.

Weapons registration applies to all military personnel, their dependents and all Civilians who perform duty, reside, utilize facilities, and/or enter and travel on this installation.

Introducing a Privately Owned Weapon onto Fort Benning is a privilege granted by the Installation Commander. Persons who accept this privilege must comply with this regulation and all federal and state laws concerning the possession, control, use, and purchase of privately owned weapons and ammunition.

Privately owned firearms owners on Fort Benning will –

1.Be knowledgeable of and comply with this regulation, along with state and federal firearms laws. Failure to comply with the provisions of the weapons regulation may result in judicial and/or administrative action.

2.Register privately owned firearms prior to introducing privately owned firearms onto the installation in accordance with MCOE REG 190-11.

Privately owned firearms will only be brought onto the installation by persons living on the installation or for the purpose of engaging in authorized activities such as hunting, dog training, and use of recreational range or marksmanship events.

Persons may not display, brandish, wave, wield, show, flash, or present a weapon in public, in a threatening manner or as a threat to another person.

Persons may not openly carry a privately owned firearm in public except while participating in an authorized shooting or hunting event at the event site or hunting area.

The carrying of a concealed weapon on the installation is prohibited regardless of whether a state or county permit has been obtained."

A prime example why everything you read here should be taken with a grain of salt the size of a salt lick!

Last edited:
The same regs are in place at Ft Rucker Alabama. I have not been on that post since before 9/11. I grew up next to it and usually was there or passed through it everyday for more than a decade. My brother and step brother both work on post.

Rucker shoud be more secure. Years ago you could drive right up to the flight lines and be in a chopper before the guard shack looked up.

Back
Top Bottom