• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carrying in Helen

Powerhouse

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
18   0
Reaction score
Want to take the wife for a weekend getaway. She doesn't want to go to Gatlinburg because she doesn't know the carry laws in Tennessee, so I thought about Helen. We both know the carry laws in Ga, but we never go anywhere away from home. How does the community, or businesses located there, view carrying? Both of us carry concealed and no one will ever know, we just don't want to get into any situations. And, to answer the question before it is asked, not carrying is not an option.

You'd be fine in Tennessee or Helen. The only problem I could see with carrying in Helen is if you go on the river. In which case you probably want a Glock with marine spring cups.

I took the wife to a B&B in Helen last year and we had a great time, carrying was not an issue for us on that trip. If you are going CC you should not worry. unless you are going tubing down the river :) . We enjoyed that trip we felt safe the entire time when where there.

editted.

If it's concealed, then why would it matter? You are a lawful citizen. Just don't change your routine, and you'll blend in with the rest of us hillbillies!
JMHO!

If it's concealed, then why would it matter? You are a lawful citizen. Just don't change your routine, and you'll blend in with the rest of us hillbillies!
JMHO!

Yes we would be fine I know, but as a law abiding citizen I would like to know what to expect before I get there.

Also, we won't be doing any tubing or rafting.

Appreciate the replies guys! I really want to surprise her with a trip just for us. We have been together for twelve years now and have never taken a vacation together, other than a weekend at hunting camp.

As I understand it, you can't carry in bars in Georgia, unless you have consent of the owner. Restaurants that serve alcohol are o.k. Other than that you should be fine in Helen.

We all but quit drinking several years ago. I was just wondering with it being a tourist area if they would frown on it if my wife had a grip slip.

Shouldn't really be a concern. You'll be up in the hills. Probably one of the more gun-friendly areas of the state. If someone has an issue with you legally carrying, they're ignorant and unworthy of your concern anyway.

Shouldn't really be a concern. You'll be up in the hills. Probably one of the more gun-friendly areas of the state. If someone has an issue with you legally carrying, they're ignorant and unworthy of your concern anyway.

^^^^Yup, carry away with no worries. I carry everytime I go there as well.

Back
Top Bottom