• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying in PR

It appears everything is in place except for the MOU. I've reached out on that, thats all I can do. As for if you have to deploy your gun the USCC states this under the Self-Defense section of PR:

In terms of self-defense, any person who defends his/her person, dwelling, property or rights is justified in using reasonable and proportionate force when he or she believes there is peril of imminent danger and to avoid or repel the danger. That is provided they have not provoked the attack and no more damage is inflicted than is necessary to avert or avoid the injury.

When alleging self-defense to justify deadly force, it is necessary to have reasonable grounds to believe that the person was in imminent or immediate danger of death or serious bodily harm. To justify the defense of dwelling, the circumstances shall indicate trespassing or for the purpose of committing a crime. To justify defense of property or rights, the circumstances shall indicate an attack that constitutes a crime or that poses serious danger of damage or imminent loss.

As for whether it's "worth it" which has been mentioned a couple times here, maybe we have different definitions on the value of life? I don't know, kind of a strange term to use in the case.

If I can't take it, I can't take it, it is what it is, but no matter what hoops I have to jump through, if I did get it accomplished, it most certainly would be "worth it" in my opinion.

Looks like the knife laws suck too. Folder only that's under 3" from stop of handle to tip of blade. I'll keep digging on both.

Looked into this a few years ago and it was a sh** show. Spoke to ATF and PR officials, neither recommended it. Since then, laws have changed but there's still a lot of red tape. Even if you were able to take your firearm, that doesn't mean you can conceal carry it. PR doesn't have MOU with any states yet.

I reached out to Chris Carr's attorney about 10 days ago and asked that Chris contact PR's AG's office to establish an MOU. The attorney got back to me today and said they indeed reached out to PR's office after receiving my request but have not heard back from them. She said she will advise me on any progress going forward.

Back
Top Bottom